Sleeping

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Valerie is going to be 3 months soon and I'm still having her sleep in the bassinet in our bedroom. My husband is throughouly annoyed that I haven't moved her into her own room, but I'm still so hesitant. Is anyone else still having their LO's sleep in their room with them? Please tell me I'm not the only one! :dohh:

Josh still sleeps with us too. His own room seems miles away from ours and I'm still very hesitant to the idea of him sleeping in his room. I also love having him close by so everytime I wake up I can check on him to make sure he's ok.

During the day he sleeps in his own room most of the time so he can get used to this new environment & his crib. We're planning on switching him when he's about 4-5 month. Starting with 1 night a week and then more nights if he does good.

I'm dreading this... I love when he's next to us, I love to fall asleep hearing him snoring sometimes. Though my boy is growing :cry:

Bren still sleeps with us, and I don't have plans to change that any time soon.

I remember my daughter carly slept till she was 1, i just liked knowing she is right next to me and i can check on her breathing .. like you do ;)

Ill be doing the same for ella :)

Colton co-slept until he was 3-3.5 months. Now he sleeps in his crib-in our room of course :D
He still cosleeps during naps though :dohh:

Keira co-sleeps with us. She grunts and moans a lot during the night and it wakes up my OH, so he's pushing for an eviction from our bedroom pretty soon. I dont think Im ready yet!

Erica is still in her bassinet in our room too. I'm finishing up her area, and then I think I might be ready (yet, are we ever really ready??) for her to leave us.. I'm gonna get 1/2 the amount of sleep cause I wake up all night and check on her, but she is right next to me. Now I'm gonna have to get up, walk to her room and check... I do it all night too lol, I might as well just put like an aerobed in hers for me lol. Do it when your good and ready, or start slow like missjess. Thats a great idea!! =)

Skyler is sleeping ib his crib in our room. We will move his crib to his room when he is 5 months old....3 months is too early!

In all the baby books I read it said that a baby should sleep in its parents room until 6 months!!!! Dec was with us until 4 months and Dan was with us until 4 years, couldnt get that one out !!!!

Bella is in her own room, She's been in there for about 2 weeks now seeing as she has outgrown her moses basket! Her head would touch the top and her feet would touch the bottom...She's one long little girl. She was sleeping through anyway and still does in her room

Hannah has been in her cot in our room since she was 6 weeks.We'll slowly move her into her own room around te 6 month mark

Yes, Ryan sleeps in our room and he is almost 6 months. 6 months is the recommendation. I'm not comfortable with him sleeping next door as yet.

Rhiannon is still in her crib which is touching my side of the bed... as im still living with my parents atm i have no other room to move her into.. and tbh i really reeeally dont want to lol i know im going to have to dont like the thought of her waking and im not there...:cry:

i like missjess's idea thats a good hun, maybe you could try it that way your starting to introduce her to her own room OH can see your trying so its a compramise...but only start it when you feel ready :hugs:

Louis never liked his moses basket so he slept with us until he was about 6 weeks old. I don't think he was getting much sleep, we were waking him up and he was waking us up.. So I decided to just try him in his cot one night and wow, he is a much better sleeper now and he absolutely loves his cot which is in his own room.. He is a baby that really likes his own space and he has been much happier since he started sleeping there..

He smiles at his teddies when I put him down.. He doesn't need me to rock him to sleep, nothing.. He goes in his cot, wide awake, trying to talk to his teddies, then he just drifts off to sleep when he's ready.. He likes it like that..

In the morning I hear him coo'ing and ahhhh'ing at his barnaby bear mobile...

Im not worried about him being in his own room.. I have an angel care monitor which is great for piece of mind...

Connor slept in a snuggle nest in our bed till he was 7 weeks, we then moved him into his crib in our bedroom. I just think it will be easier for him to be in our room as long as I am breastfeeding or until he is 7+ months.

Im not worried about him being in his own room.. I have an angel care monitor which is great for piece of mind...

I have one of these aswell. Even though Colton is still in our room. I still get up and check the light to make sure it is blinking (and that it didn't go off without me hearing it) :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->