Sleepless Nights Support Thread

A

AppleBlossom

Thought I'd start another one of these off as I thought it's a good idea to have somewhere where we can all share advice and problems about our LO's sleeping habits as the other one got a bit out of hand.

Anybody is welcome to have an input. If your LO does sleep through the night and you have any advice for us poor mummy's who don't get much sleep that would be much appreciated!

Grace had a couple of nights where she slept SO well I thought I'd finally cracked it. Since 10 o clock till 9.15 this morning she woke 6 times, bearing in mind that she wakes for an average of half an hour before going back to sleep. I am SHATTERED :(

Caitlyn is still sleeping rubbish and I have come to the conclusion it's her teeth. She screams with it now too!!! :(

Anyone got any advice on teething and sleeping, because I've tried crystals and calgel but they're doing nothing!! :(

Poor Caitlyn :( Grace went through a stage like that, the only thing that calmed her down was bonjela. I could see the start of teeth coming through and she would scream and scream. Although she didn't scream when she woke up she just woke to chew on something! I don't really know what to suggest though. I heard crystals were the best thing but you've tried them. How often does she wake with it?

For the past 2 weeks she has been up almost every hour from 1-2am :dohh: I'm soooo tired. I bought those teething dummy type things, and NOTHING she isn't interested. I hope I'm not mistaking this as teething and it's something else.. I'm sure I can see atleast 3 teeth in her mouth waiting to pop through..

The only reason I got confused was because I could see teeth on the top, not bottom and I always thought they got their bottom teeth first. Is she always chewing on everything? Grace just chews on her clothes, fingers, anything she can get her hands on that WASN'T a teething ring. She wouldn't have anything to do with it. I thought that might be the problem with her sleep but she seems to have calmed down now but her sleep patterns are still all over the place

Jack was still waking in the night at 18 months!!!! I was exhausted, but it was easier to get him to settle down at that age than with a little baby, i made the mistake with Jack of getting him up and taking him downstairs for a drink everytime he wok, so he wouldn't wake Emily up
That was a huge mistake as it really did make a rod for my own back!!!

The best thing i found with Both of them at some point, was a warm bath then i used to massage a special baby oil with lavender in. I always used Johnsons bedtime bath and that seemed to work a treat.

At the ages of 3 and 4 month it is still to be expected at some point, a lot of things affect them at these ages, teething, growth spurt etc....

The best advice i can offer is to try not to get too stressed yourself though i know it is dificult at stupid o'clock when you ave been up 20 times!!!
If you get stressed and worked up baby picks up on that and that makes them even harder to settle

Good luck girls you will get there eventually, remember if you can catnap when they do

18 months?! :cry: I usually bath Grace in the morning but maybe I'll start at night instead

Caitlyn has her bath at about half 9 in the morning. She is asleep now. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.. :dohh:

I know that sounds really awful sorry don't want to scare you and make you feel there is no hope :hugs:
You've got to rember Jack was 2nd child and i had Emily to think of, I made that problem my self, in fact i think that is why I am still knackered 24/7 i'm still catching up LOL

Bath at night just before bed is really good as it relaxing them and gets the to the night time routine

Bath
Bottle
Bed
I swear by that one i really do

Caitlyn has her bath at about half 9 in the morning. She is asleep now. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.. :dohh:
Your not doing anything wrong, It is just a learning curve that is all
We have all been new mums and some point and sometimes it just needs a fresh pair of eyes from old timers :lol:

She tends to have 3 half hour naps in the day. Do you think that might be why she is up so much in the night?

Toria, I usually bath Grace after her first nap, around 11.30-12. I think that's a bit late but we usually just play in the morning. Half 9 is an alright time I reckon

I tried that routine when she was alot younger :)rofl: like she's actually old now or something) and it didn't work. Maybe it's time to try again.

The reason I don't bath before bed is because once it gets to half 6- 7 she gets in the foulest mood. Trying to bath her when she's narky is amost impossible. I want to be able to do the bath, bottle. bed routine but I don't know how to go about it now

Maybe give her a bath at 5pm, bottle at 6pm, and go from there? I have the same problem, she is a right madam before she goes to sleep!

Torria to be honest i don't think you can have much of a routine before 3 months, it's easier to play it by ear
If i was you i would try again with the 3 B's she is at an age where she will begin to regonise patterns of things, so will soon know that after her bath it will soon be her bottle then bed time
I always started the routine arounf 6-7 o'clock

Bexy having a 3 hour nap will not mess her routine as long as it isn't close to her bed time
She is still only little so need lots of sleep

sorry we seem to be posting at same time so some of reply s eem off lol

If baby is more alert say at 5.30 plonk her in the bath then say paly for 1/2 hour in the bath, nice massage and dry down a little cuddle then bed at say 7 or 6.30 whatever fits best
You'll soon find a routine that suits you

Bexy having a 3 hour nap will not mess her routine as long as it isn't close to her bed time
She is still only little so need lots of sleep

She has 3 half hour naps not a 3 hour one lol sorry, must've wrote it wrong! She usually has one at half 10 or 11, then 3ish then around 5. Maybe I should bath her when she wakes up from her last one. I'm starting her on baby rice too. I tried some on sunday and she was out like a light, woke at 4am then 10 to 10 the next morning! But last 2 days I've been up to my eyes in it and haven't had chance to give her any more. I don't know whether it's coincidence that she slept well that one time, she just wakes up for food really, but only bits at a time like she's topping herself up which is why I'm weaning so early as she is never satisfied. I'm going to start properly today. Would it be best to give her the rice around lunch or dinner time? I'm only giving her a bowl a day for a while

Torria to be honest i don't think you can have much of a routine before 3 months, it's easier to play it by ear

Thank you! You have just made me so relieved. I've been at myself coz Savannah doesn't have a routine yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->