Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Bexy having a 3 hour nap will not mess her routine as long as it isn't close to her bed time
She is still only little so need lots of sleep

She has 3 half hour naps not a 3 hour one lol sorry, must've wrote it wrong! She usually has one at half 10 or 11, then 3ish then around 5. Maybe I should bath her when she wakes up from her last one. I'm starting her on baby rice too. I tried some on sunday and she was out like a light, woke at 4am then 10 to 10 the next morning! But last 2 days I've been up to my eyes in it and haven't had chance to give her any more. I don't know whether it's coincidence that she slept well that one time, she just wakes up for food really, but only bits at a time like she's topping herself up which is why I'm weaning so early as she is never satisfied. I'm going to start properly today. Would it be best to give her the rice around lunch or dinner time? I'm only giving her a bowl a day for a while
Righto what i would do is let her have her sleep around 9/10
I would give her a little rice with her lucnh bottle then have a nap then then maybe a mid afternoon one

with mine thay have always gone to bed between 6.30 and 7.30 so i would try not to let her sleep past 4.30 as that could mess it up slightly

But like i say she is only tiny still so this might not work, but persevere hun

I found the best way of getting in to any sort of routine would be to write down naps and bottle times and just tweak their own natural routine

Torria to be honest i don't think you can have much of a routine before 3 months, it's easier to play it by ear

Thank you! You have just made me so relieved. I've been at myself coz Savannah doesn't have a routine yet :(
Oh my goodness please don't stress about getting to a routine so quickly you'll just tire yourself out and feel crappy:hugs:

Thanks. 99% of the time she is asleep by 8-8.30. But her sleeping pattern is NEVER consistent. No one night is the same which is the thing that's worst about it. I will try and I guess I'll have to persevere! I just hope I find something that works!

Sarah88- Don't even try for a routine as your baby is way too young. It will only stress you out. Let Savannah get herself into a sort of routine and then you'll know it's time to start trying. I'm still sorting out dd's and she's 3.5 months!

Having said that, I just took away the nightime bath and changed it to the morning. She loves her baths, but as soon as you take her out and get a nappy on her, she gets so angry and she'll cry and cry unless she's bfing. So have only last night changed her routine to a massage and change, bottle, bf if she needs it, then bed. I'm trying to get a book in there, but last night she wasn't having any of it as she was so tired. At least she didn't cry. She didn't sleep any better, and was awake at 11, 1:30, 4:30-5:30 and then 6, but she went down without crying.

Lola-Rose has what I call a 'starter' routine.

I don't understand.She has a lot of energy and is active during the day,I make sure she doesn't nap long in the day.She falls asleep like a log at around 10.30 after the bedtime setting and STILL she doesn't sleep through the night!
And the thing is that it's so easily to put her down for the first time and then when she wakes up at 3a.m. I have to put her in bed with me so she'd fall asleep!

I know she's little but I just don't GET it!

Lola-Rose has what I call a 'starter' routine.

I don't understand.She has a lot of energy and is active during the day,I make sure she doesn't nap long in the day.She falls asleep like a log at around 10.30 after the bedtime setting and STILL she doesn't sleep through the night!
And the thing is that it's so easily to put her down for the first time and then when she wakes up at 3a.m. I have to put her in bed with me so she'd fall asleep!

I know she's little but I just don't GET it!

Same here, it's so frustrating!!

Thanks, I just keep hearing of all these ladies having a routine. Pretty much all Savannah has to know it's bedtime is I swaddle her, which I don't do at all during the day. I figure that 10 is way too late to have a bath.

I need help with putting her to bed though, as I posted in the other thread. DD only wants me to put her to sleep. This is terrible as it means my DH comes home to have a cuddle and she's so tired, she screams with him. It doesn't happen at any other time during the day, only when she's tired at night. We let her cry it out with him the other night and it took nearly 20 minutes. He just held her and rocked her. Then we tried again a couple of nights later and it took about 10 minutes. Unfortunately he gets home so late sometimes, it's not consistent, but should we just keep letting her cry with him? Or should I go in and give them both a break and comfort her? This is becoming a big problem!

18 months?! :cry: I usually bath Grace in the morning but maybe I'll start at night instead

I bath Jake at night just before i put him to bed i find it really settles him xx

Just thought i'd share Caitlyn's routine with you it may help?

She wakes up about 8:30am and has half a bottle, gets dressed and has the other half. She is awake about 30mins before having a nap for about 1 hour.

She has another bottle at about 1ish. Naps from about 2:30-4:30. Has a bottle and a play/jump/whatever she fancies.

USUALLY has a little nap at 6. If not, we usually keep her awake til 8 which is when she has a bath. After her bath she gets a massage with E45 cream. Jammies on then has her bottle and then asleep by 9pm. She has been in this routine from 6 weeks old and she has slept through the night from 6 weeks old.

I am expecting her to start waking in the night when the teeth come through and when I start weaning her. But with the routine I have found that she doesn't make any fuss when she is going down for the night. During the day she is fussy trying to get her to nap, she doesn't like to miss anything! Because of Bath Bottle and Bed she knows when it's time to go to sleep as the same thing happens every night.

Wish you all luck in getting a good night's sleep! :hugs:

Jasmine woke up twice last night, I have a feeling its her tooth bothering her as she has her 3rd one breaking through at the top

summer was a naughty girl last night too, i thought we was getting somewhere as she had two nights of only waking up 3 times (i mean all i have to do is put her dummy back in and she will go back off but its not the point) which is really good for her, but last night she was back to her usual antics of whinging and waking up every hour or so :(
im putting it down to teeth :rofl: i have nothing else to blame it on now apart from the dummy!

We'd been having problems with Hannah waking multiple times in the night lately, she usually sleeps pretty well. But I finally figured out why (last night was the first time she's gone back to bed after her bottle in a LONG time)...she's been sleeping to much in the evenings. Basically she was getting tired and cranky around 6 and taking a nap, only getting up for bath and bottle and going right back down. Last night we were mean and kept her up until after 8, she slept wonderfully! So today I'm going to work on sorting her naps out so that she sleeps more earlier in the day and can stay up a bit in the evenings.

We'd been having problems with Hannah waking multiple times in the night lately, she usually sleeps pretty well. But I finally figured out why (last night was the first time she's gone back to bed after her bottle in a LONG time)...she's been sleeping to much in the evenings. Basically she was getting tired and cranky around 6 and taking a nap, only getting up for bath and bottle and going right back down. Last night we were mean and kept her up until after 8, she slept wonderfully! So today I'm going to work on sorting her naps out so that she sleeps more earlier in the day and can stay up a bit in the evenings.

I was thinking of trying to keep DD up. Will try tonight. Glad to hear it worked for you.

I was thinking of trying to keep Marlowe up. Will try tonight. Glad to hear it worked for you!

It can be hard and stressful keeping them up but they soon learn their bedtimes and when they do and dont sleep. Good luck :hugs:

Question for you girls...I do the bath, bottle, bed routine but lately Hannah's eating schedule has been sporadic, so she doesn't always eat her bottle at the same time of night....how did you get your LO's on a feeding schedule so that they go to bed at the same time every night?

Amy - thanks for that routine, Im going to try it. Seems that Seth naps and feeds at the same times and has a few more feeds in between, which is probably down to BFing? When he has formula he doesnt feed as much.

Ill definately give that a go :) And if it works I will be forever greatful!!!

xxx

DD is phantom flipping. Ahhhh!!! She likes sleeping on her side but now that she's so good at rolling onto her front, she ends up rolling all the way over in her sleep and then wakes up scared because she hates being on her front. :hissy::hissy::hissy:

She does this until she's in a deep sleep so it means that when she wakes in the middle of the night, she wakes up again and again on her belly after I put her down. She went back in her bouncy chair to sleep last night after the 4th time waking up in 30 minutes. :blush:

Oh no! Grace only woke up 3 times last night but I'm still knackered. I'm not so bad in the night, it's when it gets to like, 7 in the morning when all the lack of sleep catches up with me and Grace is wide awake and I desperately try and make her go back to sleep ususally to no avail!

Vickie,could you maybe give her only half the bottle when she's hungry before bedtime and then the rest of it when it is bedtime?

I do it to Lola-Rose sometimes when she is hungry and I know that if she has her 4oz now she won't want her bedtime bottle.
So I just split it...

Well,I had the same thing as always with tonight.
She fell asleep easily in the evening.
Woke up at 2.30 a.m.,I fed her,couldn't get her to go back to sleep.
Out her in bed with me,she finally fell asleep and I moved her to her moses basket.

I'm afraid it's becoming a part of our routine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->