Sleepless Nights Support Thread

So my DD is 1 on Friday and last Friday night she slept through (I didn't) and then Saturday too (again I didn't) and I thought WOW she has cracked it and that is it 3rd night in a row and she will be sleeping through from now on - urm NOPE she tested the theory of sleeping through for 2 nights decided it wasn't for her and is back to waking at 2.30am for feed :dohh:

Ah well :shrug:

Haha i think 2:30am seems to be a favorite time to wake up for a feed at night. :lol:

James is such a bad sleeper :( I can't even count the number of times that he wakes up in the night. He doesn't always want a feed, sometimes he is just awake for ages and gets frustrated at any efforts to help him back to sleep. I never thought Holly would be my "good" sleeper :haha:

I cant believe I never noticed this before, sleep depravation maybe :wacko:

The first 2 weeks were like a dream wake every 2-3 hours nappy change feed and back off I could deal with that :haha:

Now its every 2 hours a feed nappy change a moan a wiggle drop off let me get settled before pinging awake again, to repeat the wiggle about and moan steps several times :wacko:

My son was a horrific sleeper still isnt great every one promised me you only get one bad sleeper she will be fine they said, she will be the perfect sleeper, they blooming well lied :haha:

You all have my sympathy and support ladies :hugs:

Maybe she's having a growth spurt Lucasmum? My son was so great the first 2 weeks too then I found he was really tough until about 12 weeks old. Then he was good for a bit. I found 7-9months old tough too. So many milestones ECT....It just goes in spurts and I usually overgeneralize and freak out during the bad times but really he did have some good night's lol

Quite probably a growth spurt she also added some pooping issues which seemed to be now resolved :wacko:

It's a good thing she is so god damm cute and we can forgive her :haha:

4 nappy changes a night here!!!!!! :hissy: though the night nursing has gotten better

Sounds like a bad night :(

James was up a lot too. He woke 30 minutes after falling asleep and screamed on me for the next hour.

Izzy has been awful over Christmas with sleep so unsettled more than usual - not her normal bad sleeping worse IF possible - I AM SO TIRED zzzzzzzzzz

Hopefully it was just all the excitement and being back to normality will be back to her "normal" sleep pattern which I have learnt to deal with :wacko:

I wish I had noticed this thread two weeks ago! Maybe I'd have a bit more sanity about myself than I have at the moment!

Our little lady has always been really good at going to bed. We've always just popped her in bed and walked out the room and she's fallen asleep on her own....not now...

I think it all stems from when we were staying at OH's parents for four nights. She had to share a room with us (she was in a travel cot) and was quite unsettled the first night because of the strange room. After that, she settled down a bit, but there were a couple of nights where we had to bring her in to bed beside us as she just wouldn't settle and we didn't want to keep the rest of the house up......que the start of the sleep problems.

Since we got home, DD won't go to sleep at night or for her nap unless one of us is in the room with her. If we leave, she screams bloody murder! When she falls asleep at night, she very regularly wakes up crying and we have to go through and sit with her. I'm exhausted.
We've tried a number of things. She's got two night lights in her room (always has had this) so we tried switching one off, then the other, then both....nothing. We tried leaving her door open...nothing. We've tried teddies, no teddies, water, no water, gradual retreat, walk in walk out....all to no avail.

I'm running out of methods to try! We've got the cry it it out method left (I really want to avoid this) or controlled crying (willing to give it a shot) still to go. She also has a glitter lamp which I haven't tried yet. I thought maybe her being able to watch this at night would be quite calming and help her drift off to sleep and get her back on track? Any advice or support very much appreciated xx

Hi everyone,

Sorry to jump on board but I desperately need some support! My 6 month old wakes every hour through the night, he doesn’t wake fully and I can pop his dummy in and shush him back to sleep although this sometimes needs repeating every 10 minutes for a while! I thought he might be overtired so tried bringing bedtime forward. Unfortunately this hasn’t helped! He was a great sleeper until the regression hit at 16 weeks but 10 weeks later it is still dreadful! I’ve been able to stick to my principles of not feeding or picking up during the night although this goes out the window by 5am!

I am now thinking it might be reliance on his dummy so trying to get rid of that- scary thought!

I’d really appreciate any advice or support on getting rid of dummies or whether I just need to stick this out and he’ll grow out of it? His naps are also bad - only 20-30 minutes although he can sleep for hours if on me!

Please help! X

Hi everyone,

Sorry to jump on board but I desperately need some support! My 6 month old wakes every hour through the night, he doesn’t wake fully and I can pop his dummy in and shush him back to sleep although this sometimes needs repeating every 10 minutes for a while! I thought he might be overtired so tried bringing bedtime forward. Unfortunately this hasn’t helped! He was a great sleeper until the regression hit at 16 weeks but 10 weeks later it is still dreadful! I’ve been able to stick to my principles of not feeding or picking up during the night although this goes out the window by 5am!

I am now thinking it might be reliance on his dummy so trying to get rid of that- scary thought!

I’d really appreciate any advice or support on getting rid of dummies or whether I just need to stick this out and he’ll grow out of it? His naps are also bad - only 20-30 minutes although he can sleep for hours if on me!

Please help! X
Have you tried swaddling your child? My baby boo often woke up in the middle of the night and start crying 2 months after we were out of the hospital. I called the nurses for help and they suggested swaddling.

It takes some practice to tie it right (my child likes it slightly tighter), but it worked like a charm for him! Slept so much better after, for me and my husband too.

Hi everyone,

Please help! X

If he is so unsettled and a dummy only works for a short time maybe he is genuinely hungry? Sucking will trick his body in to thinking he’s getting full but a short while later a lack of food in his belly will wake him again. They have a growth spurt around 4/5 months which required extra milk and babies don’t stick to the rules adults have made up about not needing food at night; they need it when they need it. It may not work, but I’m all for trying anything and doing what works.

The nap thing sounds normal. He feels safe on you, he realises when he’s alone that that isn’t safe so fully wakes up after only a short amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->