Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I also swear by the Bath Bottle Bed routine! My 8 week old will sleep through most nights!!

I've been doing bath,bottle and bed since forever and it doesn't work for us unfortunately :(

Hi guys, I have a 14 month old who still nurses to sleep and wakes up 3 times at night for a hug, nursing or whtever resettles him. I'm used to it and I have accepted that (after having done everything I was suggested) he will be a crappy sleeper until he stops nursing, or god knows until when. Lately, he's started to lie down with his head on a pillow or stuffed animal when he's sleepy. He stays like that for a while and then gets back up and keeps playing. This during daytime. Could it be a sign that he's closer to sleeping on his own?

Hello, they usually wean around the age of 2 give or take however, once your child can understand what you are saying and respond you could explain to him we only nurse before bed and morning now. My son is 19 months and for the last couple of months understands what I'm saying. My daughter is 7 months now and nurses at least 6 times through out the night, so 2-3 times is actually pretty good for a breastfed baby. I too have also accepted that I'm going to get crap sleep for the next 12 months.... I keep telling myself to do pu pd on her but seriously I'm too exhausted to get up 6 times plus a night for 5 nights! Co- sleeping is the only way I can get a bit of sleep yet it kills my back :-( they say the hardest is the first 2 years just got to gang in there!! X

I live in the uk and swaddling is not recommended because of cot death. My midwife told my husband this also so he won't allow it now even if it did help her sleep...

I have been giving her gaviscon for reflux but it's not helping so the doctor said it's not that, he then laughed and said baby's cry...! It's not colic either, she brings her wind up beautifully. I just have a very very fussy little girl.

My HV actually suggested I swaddle because my LO won't sleep :shrug:

And... one night... 16 months later... he finally fell asleep ON HIS OWN and slept through the night. Thank you god. Just in time to let me have some sleep before we start all over again

Thought I'd join the convo since my 4 week old decides to forget how to sleep at nights.... She just hates sleeping on her back and will only sleep on me.... So no sleep for mommy!

Ugh! I'm so sick of people suggesting rice cereal to help my 3 month old sleep through the night...because I've also heard that rice cereal isn't recommended until 6 months....
He sleeps about 3hour intervals. 10-1am, 1-4am, 4-7am, then we get up for the day.

My 7 month old son hardly sleeps.
On a good night he goes to bed at 8pm, wakes at 11/2/5 and then up at 7 for the day. On a bad night he can be up 7+ times and gets up at 5am for the day:nope:

He gets 3 meals a day, nurses on demand and has been in the same routine since he was 3 weeks old.

I am so so tired..

Eliza is 7 months
she goes to bed between 7-8.30 wakes twice through the night then is up at 5am every morning without fail.

she eats loads. Has plenty of nilk before bed. Has a fab routine too. People keep saying shell start sleeping better but now shes crawling and climbinf stairs, burning even more energy and it's made no difference. X

Ugh! I'm so sick of people suggesting rice cereal to help my 3 month old sleep through the night...because I've also heard that rice cereal isn't recommended until 6 months....
He sleeps about 3hour intervals. 10-1am, 1-4am, 4-7am, then we get up for the day.

This!!!! I know how you feel. My LO sleeps from 10/11- 8 waking up once for a feed and people keep telling me to give him rusk so he'll sleep through. In my eyes he's a fabulous sleeper, I really don't mind getting up with him and I am certainly not feeding my 2 month old baby rusk so I can get an extra half an hours sleep!

Rant over 😂

Joining this thread tonight. Dominic's a brilliant sleeper... Once he's asleep! We started bedtimes at half 8 when he was a few weeks old and over the past few weeks he's been awake later and later. It was 23:55 when he finally went to sleep tonight. We do bath bottle bed from half 8. What am I doing wrong?! 😣

Ugh it's so debilitating having a bub (10.5 months) who wakes every two hours.... Plus I'm due our next in about 6 weeks... And I went to the take that concert last night...
He goes through phases.... Think he's starting another teething cycle but generally he has slept like this since at 4 months sleep regression and teething started....
I AM SO Tired .....
Hope everyone else is doing ok.... I haven't posted on this since my first was really little... He's nwarly 4 now!
He ended up sleeping through generally from about 6 months old... Which I still can't believe after this one just won't... Seems so young!
Anyway good morning and good night I'm going to try and settle him.... Cross everything for me!!

My nights feel like a blur most of the time. He usually sleeps for 1 or 2 hours between 10pm-2pm. But after that it's hard to get him to rest. Though every night is different, and he's only 3 weeks so there's only been 21 nights so far. But he's crying more this week then before, and it's harder to settle him in the night.
I know the first 6 weeks will probably be rough, and lost of growth spurts to go through (I think I've only had two or three decent nights so far. Decent = feed, sleep 1-2hrs, repeat).

Well, that was a fragmented post. :p

Just so tired :(

I haven't slept longer than an hour at a time since he was born. Mostly I get no sleep at all. I'm dying here. I hear other mums complain about 4 hour stretches and it crushes me.

My 4 week old only catnaps. He has reflux and constant trapped wind and makes really loud straining noises (wind) and throat gurgling (reflux) through the catnaps. They get louder and louder until he wakes and cries. I don't know how much longer I can physically survive this. I'm living a nightmare

I haven't slept longer than an hour at a time since he was born. Mostly I get no sleep at all. I'm dying here. I hear other mums complain about 4 hour stretches and it crushes me.

My 4 week old only catnaps. He has reflux and constant trapped wind and makes really loud straining noises (wind) and throat gurgling (reflux) through the catnaps. They get louder and louder until he wakes and cries. I don't know how much longer I can physically survive this. I'm living a nightmare

Wow, I'm really sorry about what you are going through. I will never complain about not getting more than 3 consecutive hours at night!

I really hope things get easier for you soon!!!

This is how my dd was (she is 1 now thank god!!) i was hallucinating at times and my heart rate was alwsys beating so fast from exhaustion. I permimantly looked like I had 2 black eyes and I lost so much confidence I didn't even know how to talk to anyone anymore. Doing the smallest thing like walking to the kitchen and opening a draw seemed so difficult, it was really scary! She only took 30 min naps and this v went on for about 4 months or so. Then finally started going 2-3 hours around 5/6 months. She is 1 now and wakes about 4 times a night but I just put her in my bed after the 2nd wake up so I can get some sleep. Hang in there it gets Better I promise. Honestly I don't know how I didn't collapse or something worse but I survived and things are actually quite good and they will be for you too :hugs:be strong mamma

My nights feel like a blur most of the time. He usually sleeps for 1 or 2 hours between 10pm-2pm. But after that it's hard to get him to rest. Though every night is different, and he's only 3 weeks so there's only been 21 nights so far. But he's crying more this week then before, and it's harder to settle him in the night.
I know the first 6 weeks will probably be rough, and lost of growth spurts to go through (I think I've only had two or three decent nights so far. Decent = feed, sleep 1-2hrs, repeat).

Well, that was a fragmented post. :p

Just so tired :(

Sounds similar to me, mine is 3.5 weeks old and goes around 1.5 to 2.5 hours a night at a time but then its a nightmare trying to get him back to sleep every time, it only gets better after around 7am then hes more content during the day but breastfeeds every couple of hours still x Im so tired x

I feel for you, im exhaused and mine naps around 1.5 to 3 hours at a push if im lucky and also has reflux , are you giving your baby gaviscon, its helped a bit with mine but hes not sleeping any better x

3 weeks old...that seems like so long ago. My little guy is almost 4 months now. Sleep did get better but he feeds every 2 hours so I'm still not getting any stretches of sleep even if he is. This week he learned how to roll over and wakes himself up at night. We've had various rough nights this past month where I've had to bring him to bed with me just so i can get some sleep. I know others may have it worse, but I'm still feeling incredibly sleep deprived.
What i would give for 4 hours of interrupted sleep...it seems like a myth right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->