sleepy preemy

mapha2

mother of 2
Reaction score
I have a 34 weeker and he sleeps A LOT ...I know newborns sleep all day..but even at night he's pretty good at sleeping...he will only open his eyes when its around his feeding time or when im changing his diaper....but when i start to feed him he goes right back to sleep which makes it hard to feed him...anyone else with this prob or had this prob?

This is why my lo was kept in hospital. She would always fall asleep during feeding.
The ng tube fed her some feeds and I fed her others.
Eventually after a a week or so she was fine.
Are you at home?

We had this problem to begin with, they are just growing. We used to tickle her during feeds, and limit passing around because that does exhaust them - so limit visitor holds!

This is why my lo was kept in hospital. She would always fall asleep during feeding.
The ng tube fed her some feeds and I fed her others.
Eventually after a a week or so she was fine.
Are you at home?

Yes we are at home after a 7 day stay at the NICU. His paed said we can take him home as there were no other problems with him besides the feeding.

We had this problem to begin with, they are just growing. We used to tickle her during feeds, and limit passing around because that does exhaust them - so limit visitor holds!
Thank you, the nurses from NICU did advised us about the tickling, this is the only method that works and changing the nappy before feeding. It just frustrates me at times as he never wakes up. We feed him in his sleep as well :(

I used to have to strip my lo naked for every feed. Is he BF or FF hun? xx

:) thanks hun. Im no help there.. my lil dude was FF and i used to have to hold him away from my body along my arm to feed him so it didnt feel like a cuddle... but obviously thats not going to work with BF :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->