Slept though for first time in months how to make it continue???

charlotteb24

Noah & William's Mummy
Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies! Hope you are all well?

Litlle or not so little Noah these days! Lol has finally slept a full night for the first time since he was around 3 months old!

He is a bit better about his solids now but even solids don't seem to fill him up to sleep through most nights! Most nights he is up onces or sometimes twice to have a 7oz bottle! What do I do? Increase his solid intake during the day? Anyone have any advice that has worked fir them?

At what age shoul a baby not wake for a nightine feed? Noah is nearly 10 months.

We're going through this right now. The only thing we're trying is for DH to wake up instead of me so LO doesn't associate nighttime waking with food. I usually end up having to BF him back to sleep, but he's gone back to sleep without it a couple of times.

Ah bet ur exhausted?! I been told they tend to sleep thru when they on regular solids 4-6 months plus. Olivia has been good, slept thru since about 2 months old. Maybe try gettin him out in fresh air, stimulate more when awake in day, larger feed b4 u put bed?? Also let him cry to tire him out/learn that dark/quiet is sleep time...light/noiser is awake time=food! Good Luck xxx

He shouldn't need a night time feed anymore. If he didn't wake last night then it's proof he doesn't need it! It's probably habit - just like my lo, she slept thru at 8 weeks then started waking once a night from 6 mths and it's happened ever since! She will sometimes sleep through, but mostly doesn't. Things to try - reduce the amount of milk you are giving him, just to give him that comfort then back to bed. If he's hungry, water should satisfy that hunger pang, and will also teach him it's not worth waking if he's only get water. And last, if he wakes, give him 10 minutes to see if he will drop off again. That's happened several times for us. It takes 5 days to break a habit. Good luck!

Aww thanks ladies :) I think it's habitual too in all honesty! Will try the reduced ammount of milk/ water theory as that seems a good idea. Would so love to have my un disturbed nights sleep back really!
Cruel to be kind sounds like it may be the answer then! He has had 3 solid meals again today in hope that it will help him yo stay full through the night! So fingers crossed! :)

Yeah a strong routine shows ur baby u love them & will stay with them forever. Cruel to be kind is defo the way. If they full belly, warm, dry then theres no reason for them to be awake, will jst take some geting used to but persistence will pay. U need ur time 2!! Gud luk xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->