Slight problem, not sure what to do!

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Okay, so me and OH decided the other day that once things are back to normal (i.e. I am working again and we are back in our own place!) that we can TTC. So hopefully that will be in the next few months.:happydance:

I have bought a 2nd hand copy of a conception, pregnancy and birth book off play.com. Can't wait to read it, hopefully will learn a lot!!

The problem now is that all of a sudden I am going to stay with my cousin until next weekend. The book won't come until tuesday or wednesday according to the sellers but I'm going to be away. I don't mind my OH seeing it but I know that my dad will be in the house alone and therefore open it. He keeps on doing it (we have got the same initials and he uses that as an excuse!) and its a bit annoying but I know there'll be a big argument if they find the book.

What do I do?

grr!!

xxx

Oh...what a pain! I guess you could warn your Dad in advance that you're expecting a package and describe it, so hopefully he won't open it when it comes. I guess there's no way to guarantee he won't open it, though.

Tricky!

It's not like I'm embarrassed about WTT or getting the book but from what my mum and dad have said, my mum would react horribly if we got pregnant living under her roof. My dad would love to be a grandad but he does what my mum says lol.
There's more than enough arguments in this house without another one. I think I am just going to say I bought a girly book off the internet and to leave it in my room.

Things are so much more complicated than they need to be when you're living in your parents house!

xxx

If it was me i would explain i have a package due and that its from play.com - not sure if buying second hand it will say play.com on there or not.
Tell them its for your friends or something and ask idf they can not open it maybe?
Think this is why i might order this book when me and OH move in together lol x

LOL yeah, I ordered it and was all excited to read it then my mum was like "Your cousin wants you to go and see her for a few days"

Can't wait to see my cousin but it's just blummin typical of me!!
Moving out is feeling very far away atm, there's no decent rental properties on the market in our town atm :(

xxx

When you moving to sunderland jilly?
Is there nothing over the border? (My grandad lives in eastriggs)

We haven't really got a set date, we just want to be living there in the future, it's where we see ourselves settling down.
Looking over the border would be a good idea but we haven't got a car (altho OH has a licence) so unless we have a car we need to live in the city.
Think I've solved the book problem, have decided I won't go to my cousins. She hasn't rang me and I've only had a few hours to try and sort everything. Sick of people asking me to do stuff for them with no notice. Just because I'm unemployed doesn't mean I can be passed round everyone. Feel like a failure atm. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->