Slimming world / dieting while pregnant?

Louisex

Reaction score
Hi again.

Just wondered if anyone does SW while pregnant?

I started in Jan and continued up until 9 weeks pregnant lost over a stone but then as i was preg i started to stay the same or put on weight so i deceided to stop SW i wish i never now, ive put that stone back on and more, i feel so crap and eat crap to go with it.

Im thinking about joining back, what do you think? Whats your Midwife said about it? I really dont know what to do just need to get healthy asap x

I was going to ask something like this. Although about weight watchers, and I have never been before xD

I have been refusing to go near the scales, but I dread to see how much I've put on recently!

Hi hun,

I think SW is the only 'diet' that you can do whilst pregnant. But make sure you go to the class and take advice from the consultant there, as you have extra syns and healthy extras etc to make sure you get all you need for bubs.

Good luck :)

There is a HUGE difference between "getting healthy" and "losing weight". My advice to you would be to focus on eating real food - food you can pronounce all the ingredients of, that is made for us by mother nature, and that you'd feel good about feeding to a toddler. Lose the weight once baby is born.

Yep - I'm still doing SW - in the first 10 weeks I lost about 4lbs since then, I've maintained.

It's the only "diet" you are allowed to do, I think. I guess cos unlike WW, it makes you cook fresh food from scratch.

I'm so tired in the evenings after work, I can't be bothered cooking, so at the weekends, I cook a massive load of stuff and bung it in the freezer - it's made it so much easier.

I'm big enough as it is - I would like to maintain my weight at least till 3rd tri. Both my GP & MW are happy with how I've done and baby has measured fine at my scan :)

There is a HUGE difference between "getting healthy" and "losing weight". My advice to you would be to focus on eating real food - food you can pronounce all the ingredients of, that is made for us by mother nature, and that you'd feel good about feeding to a toddler. Lose the weight once baby is born.
If you're overweight to begin with (especially if you're significantly overweight) then losing some weight isn't a bad thing as long as you do it in a healthy controlled way.

If you're overweight to begin with (especially if you're significantly overweight) then losing some weight isn't a bad thing as long as you do it in a healthy controlled way.

Pretty much what my GP said... actually her words were "well, if you lost a stone, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world" :blush:

Im doing slimming world, been doing it 3 weeks now, joined when i was 22 weeks, and the support has been fab. Even my group leaders wife is pregnant and still doing it. Like people have said, its not a diet, its just healthy eating really, you dont have to feel hungry just eat lots of the good stuff. Im currently maintaining my weight, but i must be losing some fat and putting it on baby i think. I am allowed 15 syns a day and 3 health extra A and 3 healthy extra B choices a day, which i dont eat all of, but its nice to know its there.

The way i see it is im probably not going to lose lots of weight while i am pregnant, but in the past i put on lots and lots of weight while pregnant, and im just preventing that happening again as im already a big girl and that would be worse for the baby than me losing a bit. Plus it will get me into good habits for once the baba is here :) Good luck everyone x

Hi hun,

I think SW is the only 'diet' that you can do whilst pregnant. But make sure you go to the class and take advice from the consultant there, as you have extra syns and healthy extras etc to make sure you get all you need for bubs.

Good luck :)

^WSS

I am joining next week and I can't wait to regain back some control (I lost 4.5 stone just as I found out I was pregnant and haven't stopped scoffing shite since) as I need the control so I can minimise any weight gain and use SW to get me to eat healthily xx

I joined SW after I had Riley and got down to 10st6, was nearly 2stone but didn't want to loose MUCH more, anyway I found out I was pregnant and decided to stop so I could enjoy eating what I wanted, then will go back once I've had the baby :)

I attend Scottish Slimmers, have been since last year and up untill i found out i was pregnant, i had lost 5 stone, so didnt want to quite, so all i do now is still follow my health eating plan the same way i was doing but i get an extra amount of checks a day,

My midwife says that my class teacher would know best, for which plan i was to follow, and i must say i have stck to it, minus a couple of bad days, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->