Slimming World, groups/online

DreamCatcher_

Reaction score
For everyone doing SW, you'd be doing me a huge favour in answering this!

In 2011 I lost 5st ... in the following 5 years I've gained it all back. I've never considered weight loss clubs/groups/programmes before as I could lose the weight pretty easily alone. However, hormonal issues and work committments has made it very hard to lose the weight and I need to find something else that works: SW always comes highly recommended.

I've been toying with the idea of going to a group or doing it online. Looking online it seems like the groups last about an hour, are they really worth it? Has anyone had success in doing it alone online?

When you attend the groups do you get given books/a programme or something to follow?

The groups are absolutely worth it imo, you get so much support and encouragement as well as new ideas. You don't have to stop to group (they like you to stay to the first 4 at least) - some just get weighed and go but it really helps if you stay.

There are lots of non- official sw groups on fb too eith millions of recipes and ideas too, which is obviously free, and there's threads on here too, but Id recommend signing up to a group at least to begin with.

Your consultant will give you packs with everything in it and go through it with you all at first meeting, you'll also be given her phone number and an online access pin.

I find it really easy to follow and have had great success with it.

Thanks for that info, I'm definitely looking at the groups. I'm thinking a Thursday because it leaves enough room after the weekend should I have an 'oops' or event, it will also let me know whether I deserve a donut or salad!

I like your thinking! 😉

I love SW but don't always stay to group. I've lost 2stone since January after I had my daughter. I lost weight before I conceived her and am still over a stone lighter than I was before I fell pregnant with her xx

Also I weigh on a Thursday and have a takeaway on a Thursday night and if I'm naughty on the weekend I just pull it back and be more strict in the weekdays which works for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->