slimming world?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
OH and i have decided to gice sliming world a go. but i really dont understand it!!

i understand you have red days and green days and stuff, but i dont get when you have what day? is it alternate days?

and how do you know what counts as what??

xxxx

You can do either day as often as you like but now they have introduced a new diet plan called extra east and its just that...its so simple.You would have to get the books to properly understand it but its you have super free foods, free food and healthy choices a and b. I dunno how you do the red and green days but on extra easy you eat as much superfree and free food as you like then you pick 1 healthy option a and 1 b and then you have 15syns a day to use up as you like.

if you go into the biggest looser thread there are loads of us doing the sw diet we can help you out

h x

can you just buy the books? or do you have to join and go to the classes??

I went a couple of years ago and never understood it either, gonna give it another go after the bambinos here!

You can have whatever day you want, there is a web site that i have found loads of help.
Green is basicly your starches, pasta,rice,potatoes,couscous and red is your meat.

an easy way to start would be to buy one of the magazines an follow the set out planner in there. then if it suits you head off to a class the consultant will explain everything to you.

The books you get when you join lay out all the green,red etc and has a section for syn values in the middle for those treats.

I have been doing slimming world for years (unsuccessfully i might add but just been diagnosed hypothyroid which kind of explains why i've had a hard time loosing weight)

can you just buy the books? or do you have to join and go to the classes??

your better of joining hun... I strongly believe that!! The books will be quite expensive on ebay and you have no one to explain it properly to it...!!

I took to it quite easy...

RED Meat

GREEN Potatos, rice and pasta

So you can wake up in the morning and choose a day (there is the extra easy plan which is red and green added together)

SO if you choose green, you can have potatos, pasta and rice, baked beans and a few others until it comes out your ears, and if you choose red its the same with meat...!!

On both days fruit and veg are also free...!!

You also get what is known as healthy extras, 2 a's which is cheese and milk and 2 b's which is your cereals and bread. They are exact weights but the book tells you all that...

...and thats as simple as it is... you really dont go hungry...!!

You also get 15 syns to spend on other foods a day, which works in the same way as the ww point system!!

I definitely agree that joining is the best, but if you don't want to keep going I would suggest it's cheaper to join the first week and have the plan explained to you then just don't go again - it will cost about £10 to do that, whereas I just sold my books from the last time I joined (i joined again recently so didn't need them) - for about £22 including postage - suited me fine, but I think it's a bit silly to buy them on ebay for twice as much as you get them if you join!

Lots of luck and if you have any questions about the plan, feel free to pm me - I pretty much know it inside out!

oh, and the other thing to add, there are now more plans than just red and green - as well as extra easy that's been mentioned, there is also mix to max and success express. I won't go into these now, but just so you know there is a lot of choice and so you will definitely find one to suit! x

Hi!
I'm doing this at the moment, and have been following the new 'extra easy' plan (not red/green days).
I've not joined or been to any of the meetings. You can get a free 7 day menu off the SW website, and every SW magazine has a 7 day menu in it too. I have been mixing and matching between the menu on the internet, and the ones in the magazine.
I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks, but I lost 3.5lbs in the first week, and 2 lbs in the second week, and I feel like I've never eaten so much food!
xxx

I'm just tagging this thread then i can refer back to it late when i have more time to read, hope you don't mind :blush:

I did SW for a while off my mums old books and did really well on it and didn't feel like I was dieting at all (the old cliche, lol). I'm vegetarian so it was easy for me as I did all green days but I did have trouble getting my syn balance right, I was eating far too little so didn't lose weight until I figured it out and upped my daily food a bit and got some extra calories in which let me lose weight easier as I wasn't in starvation mode. I still use a lot of the recipes and techniques now to keep my general calories/fat intake down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->