Sling for wearing on back - easy to do by self?

SmokyJoe78

Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for a sling so that I can wear LO on my back but put the sling on by myself?

I have a moby wrap and a mai-tai but I find them tricky to do this way round, and I think LO would be happier on my back, especially when I'm trying to do jobs round the house :winkwink:

(although I have a feeling there might be an easier way to do the mai-tai :dohh: lol )

have a look on you tube, just search "back carry in a"... mei tai or whatever brand you have. It will help. But a ring sling or similar style seems like the easiest option ... or search for ways to tie the moby into a hip sling and use that for your back (my LO isnt big enough for that yet so i havent attempted it) I have a connecta and its easy :D

I just brought an ergo as my friend showed me that's possible to put LO on your front and then move them round onto your back easily (very handy when taking bus, followed by a good walk afterwards). Otherwise, if going straight onto back it's very simple once you get into the hang of it. Having just replaced my babyhawk (mei tai) I'm founding it so much nicer not having the long straps or tying.

I can back wrap with my Ellaroo, but for ease I find my Mei Tai is what I use daily - it really is a case of practising, if you're doing it daily it soon becomes second nature. I guess it would be the same if I practised back wrapping more often, but love my Mei Tai! Plus it has a hood I can pull up if it rains.

Thanks for all the ideas!
I looked on youtube and found some good videos of how to put the mei tai on your back.
Mark&Annie - you're right, I think I just have to practise :D

I put LO in the mei-tai on my hip on Monday and made some soup while carrying him, so that's progress at least :D

Will keep trying

how did you do a hip carry in a mei tai? i never knew that was possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->