Slipped disc - ouch!

I saw the consultant yesterday, he seemed concerned that I had vertually no reflex reactions in either wrists - a little worrying.

Anyway, the MRI scan is booked for tomorrow at 4.15pm. I'm dreading it as he said it will take 30-60 minutes and I have to lay perfectly still for the whole time. A side effect from my vertigo tablets is restless limbs!:dohh:

I'm off work for the rest of the month though, so that's good!:happydance:

hope 2mo goes ok hun!!! best of luck wi scan!!!! :hugs: xxx

Good luck with your appt Amanda .. hope all goes well. :hugs:

I never ever want to have one of those MRI scans EVER AGAIN!!!:hissy:

It was awful! I had to lay on a table with earplugs in, then the table moved into the tube thingy. She told me to close my eyes while the table moved in, and when I opened them, the top was about 4 inches from my face. It was like being in a coffin. Then the noise started. It was the loudest noise ever, and the vibrations were awful. There was one that lasted a minute, then 2 that lasted 3 mins each, then a final one that lasted 6 minutes and that one was the worst one. I don't ever want to go through that again.:cry:

The results won't be ready till the middle of next week, but because the consultant is on his hollibobs, I won't find out until the 29th.:hissy:

Oh well, at least its over and done with now.:happydance:

Aww hun .. sounds awful :hugs:

All over now though .. just annoying that you have to wait ages for your results.

The noise is horrendous!!

Sounds like a bore drill!!

Sorry you had to go through it, was gonna tell you how bad it was but decided against it!

xxx

I'm glad you didn't tell me Imi - I don't think I'd have gone through with it!!!:rofl:

i was gonna tell u too, but decided against it! well done for bein so brave :hugs: horrible experience to go through!

I have suffered from back ache all of my life due to a slight scoliosis of the spine. I’ve had physiotherapy, osteopathy and chiropractic treatment and although they lessened the pain, it always came back after a few days.
In October I had a breast reduction and went from a G-cup, to a C-cup. This has helped enormously. With my new, more streamlined breasts I can now do Yoga and have been practicing at a class once a week since February. The result is incredible.
Recently I’ve started doing some work for a Spa in leeds called Waterfall Spa. They sent me on a sampler day and one of the treatments I had was their ‘tension busting massage’. It uses deep tissue massage to really work out the knots in your back caused by tension, and aromatherapy oils, which help to relax your body and mind in general.
I have to say I am definitely going to be back for more!
From my yoga I have learned that pain relief has a lot to do with breathing and relaxing your muscles. However other than my one hour of yoga a week, realistically there aren’t many times in my hectic schedule for breathing techniques! I found that being in the spa itself (in the aromatherapy room and the hydrotherapy pool) gave me the time to do my deep breathing and just relax fully for a whole day- I felt wonderful!
Just a few things you may want to consider. Hope you feel better soon!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->