Sloane?

rayraykay

Reaction score
Hi!

I am pregnant with my first child, and I am over the moon that it's a girl!! :cloud9: My husband and I were thinking Sloane as her name. Our last name is Kinne. It's an Irish name to go with an Irish last name, and I love that it means "warrior." It's pronounced like "slown" if that were a word. Many know it as a character from Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Entourage. What do you all think? Another name we were considering is Mila pronounced "me-la."

Thank you!

First thing I thought about was Ferris Bueller but I like it!

I was the same as Storm1jet2. I thought of Ferris Bueller as well. LOL But I agree that it is a great name! And it's not a name that you hear all that often, which I'm a fan of. If you both love it, I'd go for it! :thumbup:

I love the name sloane...I always pronounced it like moan or loan though.

Mila is cute too!!!!!!!!!

i vote sloane i think.

Thank you!! I really like Sloane as well... Mila is cute too but I see Mila as more of a younger girl's name, I think Sloane transitions well into adulthood (despite Mila Kunis being one of my favorite actresses) I work in a Birth-5 center, and I've only ever come across one Sloane, and I really like that. Thank you for the support!

Can I be brutally honest? I do actually like the name Sloane and I have a friend who named her daughter that and they LOVE it. BUT-there is a brand of toilet called Sloane. and it reminds me of that. BUT-aside from that, I like it. I hope that wasn't rude.

I love the name Mila too! and Mischa is pretty also..(sorta sounds like Mila)

Haha that's okay. That isn't rude. Sloan toilets are in the bathrooms at my place of work but the company spells Sloan with no E....that's why it doesn't bother me too much. Definitely something to think about tho.

I've only ever known one little girl named Sloane. I like it - very classy and unique. I picture a very attractive lady when I think of that name.

I love it - there's a brilliant young US tennis player called Sloane Stephens on the tour right now and when I heard that name I thought it was awesome!

Can I tell you why I like it? It's actually a really kinda sexy name, sorta like a fictional femme fatale, lol. I know you probably don't wanna hear that about your baby girl, but I mean it in a good way! Lol.

I was surprised to see how many people liked it. Then I realized that my prejudice against it. I used to know a guy who had the last name Sloan, and he was big into drugs.

So I guess to me it's very much a last name. But I like that its unique and strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->