Sloped Backyard?

KylasBaby

Girl Mom
Reaction score
Anyone have a sloped yard? The backyard in the new house is very sloped (upward) so much so that DD probably can't use it for a while as she's only been walking for a month and is still wobbly. Wondering if anyone has ideas on how to make it more usable? There is some flat space to the side, but it's against a neighbors fence so probably wouldn't be doing much with it until we can out up a tall, solid fence (its chain link at the moment). But once we do, would probably put some kind of swing set/tree house there. Mostly we just want DD to be able to use the space.

On on the other hand, the front is pretty flat, but a toddler and a dog need to be fenced in in the back yard.

Leveling it really isn't an option unless we hit the lotto as it would cost anywhere between $15-30,000+!

Thanks!

I think if you have a place for a swing set area, your dd will be happy. I have a huge flat back yard and my dd (she's just turned 3) only uses her swing set area in the back. The rest of the yard is just wasted space for her. Even though the front yard isn't fenced, we still spend time there too. As long as I'm out with her, I feel like the front yard is just as safe as my fenced back yard.

Have you looked on Pinterest for ideas for sloping back yards? I saw one yard that was sloped and they built a slide into the slope and cut out steps to go up to slide. Really cool ideas. Once your lo is better able to move about, I bet she'll love that slope.

The thing is we have a dog too, so for us to be out we have to be in the back as its fenced in so she can't run off/go chasing anyone.

The only things I can find to do with it is leveling it, which we don't have the money for, or making it into tiers, which in my opinion, is no different from it being sloped when it comes to a toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->