Slow Cooker Addicts

Ooh i may have to try that, Serina. I love Lamb but find it SO expensive :(

I chucked some turkey, potatoes, carrots and onions in my slow cooker this morning. We're just about to sit down to it now - smells gorgeous :D

Today I'm doing up a roast in the crock pot for "sunday supper" and tomorrow it's time to do up some stew for Edward. I make a huge container then freeze it and he has supper for weeks!

I love my crock pots. Yes, I have 2 of them :rofl:

I want another one for Christmas. It would be so handy to have 2!

I'm currently hunting for a delicious recipe to make in mine this week!

Any ideas, anybody? I'm thinking something to go over rice... :thumbup:

if you find a good no meat chili let me know. I just got DH's agreement to give it a try (he doesn't eat ground meat).

My roast is in the crock pot as we speak! YUMMMY!!

ladies you can make any chili no-meat by just adding double the beans, and adding a cup of chicken or veg stock for flavour. Its in my biggest loser cookbook.

I'm off to buy one tomorrow and have wrote down all your recipes thank you!!!

I love my slow cooker - it is so handy being able to leave it all day and tea is ready and waiting when you return - my fav in slow cooker is Stew and Dumplings :) mmmm can taste it now lol

I am looking forward to trying all yall receipes out :)

MMMM love my slow cooker!

I make in it chili, goulash, beef or chicken stew, lentil soup, pea soup, and a nice chickpea stew. Can't wait to get cooking on more of these recipes!

:)
A

It really does save so much time!! When I was pregnant, my mom and I chopped up some meat and made some marinades and popped them in freezer bags, pressed flat so they were stackable, and then all I had to do was pop in some veggies in the crockpot in the morning with the meat and we had a meal!

Oooh this is SUCH a good idea.

I bought a slow cooker but have never used it, shamefully! Can I please have an idiots guide on the marinades please? And which meat did you use?

Thanks!

I made my first roast in my slow cooker and it turned out horribly, very tough and very dru. Does anyone have a recipe for a pot roast that they have tried and it turned out?!

Thanks!

About 2 inches of beef stock or water, some finely shopped onions, grated carrot, and some oregano. I've never really measured anything out, I just go for it. Oh, but if you just use water, use a pinch of salt.

Oooo I love my slow cooker to but not very adventureous with it! Only made stew and dumplings in it LOL x

MMMM love my slow cooker!

I make in it chili, goulash, beef or chicken stew, lentil soup, pea soup, and a nice chickpea stew. Can't wait to get cooking on more of these recipes!

:)
A

A, what is your recipe for lentil soup?

I bought a slow cooker just after Ryan arrived but have only used it once, made a kind of pork stew thing that was gross. Forgot to season it and put way too much stock in it. It tasted much better the next day after I seasoned and re-cooked it.

Really need to use it more so will be keeping an eye on this thread for recipes.

oooooo ive just only noticed this, i LOVE mine, omg best buy i think!!!

i make either an actual casserole, chilli, soup etc....or i cook whole pieces of beef, chicken etc and omg the meat goes soooo tender, yum!!

is it ok if i join in?! :flower:

So glad I found this group. I had one for xmas and so far I have only cooked 1 pepper beef caserole.. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->