Slow Cooker Addicts

Pot roast to me is beef? haha.

Our slow cooker is so big, it feels like I'm not putting anything in there when I make something

yeah pretty much any roast beef, sorry to me all roasts are beef :rofl:

https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/cannibalwendy2/IMG_6485.jpg

My pumpkin spice latte :D

Yum Yum!

Today I just have some pasta sauce cooking away so I just have to cook some pasta tonight and maybe have some garlic bread. :)

I have never thought of doing pasta sauce in there...hmmm. Can you share your sauce recipe? I'm always trying new ones, haven't picked one that I LOVE yet

Wendy I want the sauce recipe!!

When you ladies put meat in..do you cook the meat first in a pan and then add it or add the meat raw? BJ will NOT eat anything from a crockpot if the meat hasn't been cooked in a pan first otherwise he thinks it will be bad and not cooked fully :dohh:

I brown ground beef before putting it in, but chicken I don't, it cooks in the liquids.

Sorry girls. I just browned the meat and added a jar of Classico :rofl: :rofl: I usually add some veggies in.

Today I made a peppermint mocha from that 365 days of Crockpotting site...and it was HORRIBLE. Don't do it!!

I usually sear a roast before putting it in, or brown ground beef. Pork or chicken I just toss in. Today I did pork chops and bbq sauce for pulled pork. Popped them in around 8:30 am and they were ate up by 4?

I LOVE my slow cooker. I make all kinds of stuff in it. This is probably my newest favorite recipe. It makes a good bit, so I usually make it when we have people over and everybody loves it.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Beef-In-A-Bucket/Detail.aspx

This one is great too - It makes a LOT!

Chicken Enchilada soup
DIRECTIONS; Put everything in a crock pot and let it cook all day. I served over cooked white rice.
INGREDIENTS:
1 can chicken broth
2 cans cream style corn.
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans rotel tomatoes ( with green chilies),
2 cans red enchilada sauce
3, 4, or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts. I put them in whole and shredded them after they were cooked in the pot
1 medium onion chopped
* the original recipe does not call for the onion, but I added it. Also, I think next time I might add a can of drained black beans and maybe a chopped bell pepper or something to make it chunkier… or substitute a can of whole kernel corn for 1 can of the creamed corn

I often just do basic casseroles in there meat stock and veggies ...aldi have the 6ltr on offer going to get it monday :D

I made my first roast in my slow cooker and it turned out horribly, very tough and very dru. Does anyone have a recipe for a pot roast that they have tried and it turned out?!

Thanks!

I made a really gross chicken alfredo recipe in my slow cooker last week, lol. I'll try to find it again so I can show you guys what NOT to make. My chicken broke up and was all like.. piecey in there.. it was salty... just found the leftovers in my fridge, and they smell like wet cat food :lol: Tossed them obviously.

I love my slow cooker but I tend to just make Veggy soup or beef stew. I'm not very adveturous so will be making note of the recipes in here

https://www.cookuk.co.uk/slow-cooker/lamb-navarin.htm

Cookin this tomorrow x

Looks good Serina!! I haven't used my slowcooker this week. I gotta dust it off and start using it again!

It was lush the lamb just melted in your mouth x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->