Slow Cooker Addicts

BlackBerry25

Helena & Elliot <3
Reaction score
I have recently become addicted to my crockpot, because:

#1: I can make dinner while H is having her morning nap and it is ready at dinner time, no scrambling around while she is awake.

#2: She has LOVED everything I have ever cooked in there.

I know a few others who use theirs a lot too so I thought I would make a group where we can post recipes we have tried or want to try.

:flower:

Today I am making:

https://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/49090.jpg

Slow Cooker Pot Roast (recipe from AllRecipes)

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (i used one garlic and mushroom, and one plain cream of mushroom)
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water (i used beef broth and water)
5 1/2 pounds pot roast

DIRECTIONS
In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours

I seared the sides of my roast before plopping it in.

Oh YUM!

We haven't used ours lately but I'm pretty sure we will now that its fall/winter! Slow Cooker + Winter = LOVE

This is one of my favorites

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak

2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
garlic powder to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cube beef bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid (I just use diced)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

I make mine with rice, it's really good! Despite the amount of stuff that goes into it, it's actually really quick to make.

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Pepper-Steak/Detail.aspx

This one doesn't call for a slow cooker but I use it anyhow.
This is another favorite of ours :)

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Flatlander-Chili/Detail.aspx

Flatlander Chili

2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice (I don't use this)
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce (or this) I just use 2 cans diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 cups canned red beans, drained and rinsed

Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Add all ingredients to a large kettle. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Ommmmmm I love my slow cooker <3 <3

Nothing like making dinner during morning nap!

just sharing my simple's recipe for my little Zara...pls take noted, this is Malay's style for baby...(",)

two spoon of brown rice
a little bit pure butter
oregano (also little bit)
minced carrot n potatoes
red onion (will b taken out before the porridge is blend)

love my slow cooker as I can prepared 'em b4 I go to bed every nite, n it's ready to blend when I wake up in da morning..whoahh..really easy...my husband also love to prepare da porridge for our lil'Zara

I love my slow cooker too. Well I did, until it broke... :lol:

Hi there

I have just invested in a slow cooker and have to say i LOVE it !!!!!

definalty looking forward to trying out your recipes !!:thumbup:

After reading this i will definatly be getting a slow cooker, just so practical as its only me and kids having dinner and would save so much time :thumbup:

It really does save so much time!! When I was pregnant, my mom and I chopped up some meat and made some marinades and popped them in freezer bags, pressed flat so they were stackable, and then all I had to do was pop in some veggies in the crockpot in the morning with the meat and we had a meal!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GxgLNKoVUA4/SPtIPIt_FUI/AAAAAAAAB74/bh4Wen8zE3s/s320/IMG_8753.JPG

I wanna try this, this week! I love SB's Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes

--2 cups milk (I used 1%)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

--garnish with whipped cream (optional)

The Directions.

This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. I added a cinnamon stick to be fancy.

Good call on the marinades! And that pumpkin spice latte sounds so good!

That Latte looks so good! I never thought about making bevvies.

I like to cook EVERYTHING in my slow cooker. Just wish mine was bigger, so I could slow cook chickens.

I got a slow cooker from asda about a month ago. Its a big 3litre one, and only cost £7!

Ive not cooked much in it, tho i made a sausage casserole in it for DH and jack, and they had that for tea tonight!

What meat is pot roast?^

Ill keep an eye on this thread! xx

I made the pumpkin spice latte, and I took a pic so I will post it tomorrow! It was SO GOOD!!! You gotta try them :D

OOo can I join too :) I love my slow cooker!!! though I need more recipes for it!

I do that same pot roast that was posted at the very beginning but instead of broth just water but also add baby carrots and cubed up potatoes...makes it even better!

could be wrong but I think pot roast is any kind of roast, it's just a general term here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->