Slow cooker and what can I cook in it?

lets not forget fondue!

omnomnom Nothing quite like a massive bowl of melted cheese!

Wonder if this would work with chocolate!? *licks lips*

No reason why not, a slow cooker doesnt get too hot, thats why is very good for mulled wine/cider. You dont have to stand over it making sure it doesnt get too hot.

i like to make spag sauce, chillis, soups, pulled pork (you have to fully cook it first, the slow cooker just keeps it super tender) curry, etc. its a great thing if youre a busy mom!:)

I reserved a Breville 3.5 litre one. There's 3 adults and 1 baby so hope it's big enough? I am hoping it will as I don't wanna pay too much right now!

How do you make the lasagne? Just use it like you would a dish??

I feel so stupid getting excited about this. :)

Does anyone know a good recipe for making home made tomato soup? Also the pork and bbq sauce what bbq sauce do you use? I'm just trying to get ideas :flower:

with the pulled pork, i cook the pork medallions first then put them in the slow cooker. i add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, worstershire sauce, and spices. soooo good on crusty buns:)

Everything and anything gets bunged in ours :)

I quite often do pulled pork and have never cooked it first, I always bung it in raw leave it for 8-10 hours, its always been fine, eeeek not poisioning people am I :shrug:

Everything and anything gets bunged in ours :)

I quite often do pulled pork and have never cooked it first, I always bung it in raw leave it for 8-10 hours, its always been fine, eeeek not poisioning people am I :shrug:

We have never pre cooked? I thought that was the whole point of it? :shrug:

I make sausage casserole, lamb casserole and pulled pork is one of our favourites.

xx

I also never pre cook my pork or anything that I put in it?

Pork loins, onions , carrots cut into large batons.
Same ratio of chicken stock to cider , enough to cover over . I usually thicken a little at the end with corn flour. Salt and pepper.It's so tasty.. And soooo easy!!!
I serve it with mashed potatoes usually.

i pre cook, because im a food poisoning worrier:) never eat anything after the due date, even chips or things like that:) its just my ocd showing:)

See I eat loads after best before date. Haha. Whoops.

xx

To do a roast chicken, do you need to put any liquid in?

Also, how do you do lasagne?!

I'm getting really good ideas here ladies, please keep the recipes coming x

Soups are a fave here. we do a full pot, have some for tea one night and then freeze the rest for another night.

Rice pudding is gorgeous in the slow cooker!

To do a roast chicken, do you need to put any liquid in?

Also, how do you do lasagne?!

We do a small amount of water (maybe a couple cm) and add onions/garlic/sage in with it :thumbup:

got a sausage casserole in the slow cooker currently but have left the sausages whole rather than cut up like i usually do :) got some nice ideas from here keep them coming got a folder already full of slow cooker recipes :)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4273
https://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm

I never put water in with a chicken the juices alone are enough, but if I was going to I would use stock rather than water for a bit of extra taste :flower:

Phewwww glad I'm not the only one who dosent mind a bit of food poisoning :haha: Though to be fair none of us have ever been sick, not from that any way :blush:

The pulled pork I do is just a pork joint thrown in raw and a bottle of your fave bbq sauce chucked in, leave it for 8 hours.

I will brown meat and soften some veg before putting in the slow cooker as you get a bit more flavour that way.

Just remember when you're using teh slow cooker you need wayyyy less liquid than you otherwise would because you dont get as much liquid evaporating as in the oven or on the stove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->