Slow cooker and what can I cook in it?

I'm not gonna pre cook. I'm making a stew and my mum said to boil the meat to get rid of scum off it? She said it wouldn't take long but that's all I needed to do before it went in the slow cooker x

How long do you put a whole chicken in the slow Cooker for??

8-10 on low setting, less if you have it on high maybe 4-6 hours...you'd have to check though.

I've not got a lot of food in at the min so I've just put sausages, tin of toms and herbs, tin of beans and a chopped onion and a good squirt of brown sauce in the SC. Let ya know later how ot goes lol

I've not got a lot of food in at the min so I've just put sausages, tin of toms and herbs, tin of beans and a chopped onion and a good squirt of brown sauce in the SC. Let ya know later how ot goes lol

sounds good to me, nice end of the month meal!

Subbing!

My mum just gave us a slow cooker for our wedding anniversary, cant wait to use it. In the instructions mine said to pre cook meat first because its adds flavor

I was like WTH? Isnt that the whole idea? That i can be totally lazy and just throw it all in? Thats its appeal!!! :haha:

Oh and the first thing im making is beef goulash with Parmesan dumplings! But loving the ideas on here thanks ladies xx

I made a stew the other day and omg - it was lovely! The meat just fell apart! It's my new love <3

I do ribs a lot in ours and then finish them in the oven for 10 mins with BBQ sauce on, yum!

Subbing!

My mum just gave us a slow cooker for our wedding anniversary, cant wait to use it. In the instructions mine said to pre cook meat first because its adds flavor

I was like WTH? Isnt that the whole idea? That i can be totally lazy and just throw it all in? Thats its appeal!!! :haha:

Of course you can put things in raw but you do get better flavour if you just brown meat first, esp considering that casseroles etc dont thicken up in a slow cooker like they do in the over because the liquid doesn't evaporate browning meat quickly with a little flour will give a better flavour and thicken sauces.

I'm obsessed with my slow cooker atm! I'm a rubbish cook though so ive been using them colemans packets I've done a sausage casserole which was lovely and doing chicken curry tonight. Going to have a read through this thread now for some ideas!

Xxx

I love to make tex-mex chicken in mine.

I use boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-4 of them depending on how much you want to make) and I cut them into chunks. I then coat them in 50/50 mix of flour and taco seasoning. Then toss in bottom of slow cooker. Then I cut up 1 green and 1 red pepper and toss in, add 1 cup of frozen corn and top with a jar of salsa (like 1 1/2 cups or a little more) and do not stir. Cook on low for 8 hours and stir before serving. Serve over cooked rice, and top with a shredded tex-mex style cheese (or marble works fine too).

It's sooooooo yummy!!!

OH would love that Eve. Thanks!

Does anyone know a good tomato soup recipe? Just a simple one please. I'd be so happy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->