Slow HCG Rise Over 15,000?

kategirl

PAL w/ #2
Reaction score
Okay, I think I'm just worrying over nothing, but want some other opinions.

I had a little spotting on Sunday and Tuesday followed by some light red bleeding on Tuesday evening. I got check out on Wednesday and the PA said my cervix was closed, she didn't see any more blood, and my uterus felt good. She ordered betas and said she's like to see the numbers double by Friday, but at the very least see a rise or at least not drop since sometimes they don't double.

My beta on Wednesday (5w3d) was 15,049. My beta today (5w5d) was 21,000. I've had no more spotting or pink CM since Wednesday (had a little pink CM that afternoon).

The PA wasn't there today, and the nurse who called me said that my normal doctor (who I've never actually met, but is a GP who used to also do OB) was concerned about my numbers because they didn't double in 48 houra. She said she was "cautiously optimistic" but was concerned.

Everything I've seen online says longer doubling times (> 96 hrs) are common with HCG over 6,000. But I'm worried now that my doctor was concerned. :(

What do you think? Has anyone had similar experiences? Has anyone's doctor not been concerned with slower rises with such high numbers at an early stage of pregnancy?

Yep. Your dr doesn't know what she's talking about. Please don't stress. Spotting is normal, as is a slow rise over 6000hcg.
Good luck!

My OB won't even test hcg once it gets that high bc he said it tells him nothing bc at that point the rise can vary so much. Everything I've read says 96h+ to double at that number. Good luck

I won't be worried. It's high already, it won't be doubled up in 48 hours anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->