Slow or early labour?

MummyKP

Reaction score
Last weekend I was having regular tightenings/cramps in my belly and horrendous back ache for a few hours in the afternoon.They started on the Saturday and I had them again Sunday & Monday. Tuesday was a quiet day, no noticeable pains/uncomfortable tightenings. Wednesday I had a MW appt, baby is 2/5 palp, in perfect position and she said she can't go any lower now without labour starting. Booked me in for a sweep for my next appt which I'll be 40+3 at, but said she might not see me. Thursday I had some slightly painful cramps, nothing horrendous, just in my lower tummy again. Thursday night I had very sharp shooting pains in my lower tummy, more towards the left side. I also had really bad lower back ache again. These shooting pains were very short but quite regular, anything from every few minutes to every 10 minutes, but they hurt to the point where they took my breath away and I flinched with each one. Could these be signs of early or slow labour? Friday today and feel like where I had the stabbing pains last night has a bit of a constant dull ache now. Are all these just normal end of pregnancy symptoms or could it lead to something starting sooner rather than later?

Hope all is ok. Get some rest. All sounds positive to me. Good luck

I haven't had labor yet the typical way so i can't speak from experience, but it sounds promising that things are moving forward!
best of luck!!!

Unfortunately no more signs....lower back ache still but no more pains or tightenings. I lost some plug over the weekend so I guess things are moving in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->