Slow Rising HCG? Any hope?

lxz122484

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new here but have been looking through the boards for about a week now and you all seem to be the most helpful. I'm having slow to rise HCG levels. I was sent to the ER for slight cramping to rule out ectopic and they did see a sac in my uterus but it was only 2x2x2 mm. That was on 12/18. My periods are all over the place but I'm pretty sure I O'd between 11/28-12/1 and I didn't get a positive test until 12/14. We've been trying for 2 years so this is long awaited for us and this is my 2nd pregnancy (dd is almost 9).

Anyways, here are my last few HCG tests:

12/18: 377
12/20: 536
12/22: 786
12/24: 938
12/27: 1536

I had an ultrasound on 12/26 and it showed the sac had grown to 4x6x6 and is still empty. I have a bicornuate and tilted uterus. I think maybe it's just too soon to see anything.

The ER OB/GYN was terrible and made me feel awful. She said that there is no way this is viable and that I need to give up and "get on the same page" as her and decide to have a D&C or get a shot to abort the pregnancy. She kept telling me her "gut feeling". However, another doctor today said that there may still be hope since my last HCG went up 65% in 72 hours. She checked my cervix today and said it is high, hard and closed. I've had some spotting off and on mixed with CM but she said it's mostly old blood. She also said to hang on to hope but my chances of miscarriage are still really high.

So, I guess I just wanted to put my story out there and see if maybe someone can relate. I'm really looking for some kind of hope to hang on to right now. They said if I am only 5 weeks the numbers and US seem to match up, but they keep telling me I am 7+4 based on my LMP (which I know isn't right because my periods are so long and I know the day DH and I DTD - 11/28).

Oh they also started me on Crinone 8% suppositories due to low progesterone.

Any thoughts, hopes, prayers or experiences? Thank you all in advance.

I totally agree with you and that makes it too early to see anything. Hold on hope gf!

I have no experience with your situation, but I wanted to tell you it's not over until it's over. Don't do anything you as a mother isn't comfortable with and miracles happen every day. I'm sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way and wish you the best. Your numbers are rising which is very good. I believe there is hope! Xo

Good point. Why would your numbers be rising so much if something wasn't growing in there?

Thank you so much for your replies! It's so hard to hold onto hope but not get too excited just in case something bad happens. I keep thinking it HAS to be a good sign that my numbers are going up and decided that unless my numbers start going down I'm going to wait and see what happens. The ER doctor was really trying to push me into stopping this pregnancy but I just can't. I know I'll always thing "what if" if I do.

It's better to try at least. Just stay relaxed and sensible. Fingers crossed that everything turns out okay for you!

I did a lot of reading about hcg with my miscarriage in the spring. And if there is even one time period where the doubling is less than the minimum, the pregnancy is pretty much doomed. In my case, it doubled faster than 48 hrs twice, and just slightly above the minimum once - and the pregnancy went nowhere...just lots of weeks of agony and observing until it started shrivelling up inside of me. Your doubling times look overall very poor, unfortunately, and I would tend to agree with the ER doc.
And I am so sorry you are going through this - it is truly heartbreaking!

I wanted to follow up for anyone who may read this. My hcg continued to go up slowly. I spotted red for 1 week and today I miscarried. Thank you for your replies and support.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. You will be kept in my prayers and I will pray for you to get that rainbow xx

So sorry for your loss! I too had slow rising hCG and worried constantly about the pregnancy. It WAS SO HARD! You think that being pregnant will be nothing but a great (and maybe uncomfortable) experience, but in reality it is so hard emotionally and mentally in the first trimester! You really just have to white-knuckle it through!

I saw a beautiful heartbeat at 8 weeks. 146 bpm. At that point I became attached, but the slow rising hCG haunted me. I miscarried at 9w2d on 12/13/14. I am so sorry that you have gone through this. Take care of yourself. Be easy on yourself. I'm here for you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->