• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slow to rise hcg levels...

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
Apologises if this should be somewhere else.

Had my hcg done on Sunday and it was 2399, still bleeding light period and some moderate to severe cramping, so went back today and hcg was at 3032

Anyone have any experiences?
Am I looking at miscarriage? Had one in March this year...

You have not mentioned a gestational age. What I read is at 5 weeks LMP, 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml hCG is considered normal. How long are you? Between 1,200 and 6,000 mIU/ml serum hCG levels in early pregnancy, the hCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double.
Normal levels vary from pregnancy to pregnancy and levels are NOT a good indicator to go by when it comes to knowing if you are going to have a good pregnancy or it's not going to turn out well. It is quite possible to have “slow to rise” hCG levels and go on to have a normal pregnancy. In other cases, slow to rise hCG levels can indicate a blighted ovum, an impending miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. However, every pregnancy and woman is different.
Many doctors use hCG values as only a reference. Depending on the estimated gestational age, other testing such as trans-vaginal or abdominal ultrasound is also used to determine pregnancy progress.
There is no way you can make your hCG levels rise faster. The most important thing one can do is try to remain calm and follow your health-care provider’s advice. I hope all works out for the best for you. Good Luck!!

I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant but my scan revealed I had lost the baby anyway.

Had a D&C yesterday.

Devastated to say the least...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"