Small anxiety attack today about the big day

butterflywolf

Reaction score
Now I know I should have at least 10 weeks (even saying if I deliver early) today I am just focused on the what if's of the big day. This is our first little cub so everything to us will be 'unknowing' in the sense we haven't been through it before. Now I am looking at going all natural since I am deathly afraid of an epidural. (Nobody can seem to calm me on it). I know if it came down to it and I had to have it due to a life or death situation I would. But the part that fully gets to me is if I have to have a c section and an epidural. I don't know if I can handle that. You still feel the pressure and for me I'd rather feel the pain than the pressure. (Can only relate the pressure feeling from what it might feel like from when I had my wisdom teeth removed three years ago. I couldn't handle the pressure of them moving and digging in my mouth). I had no pain what so ever. Well maybe a little but the pain I can handle. (Seems like a lot more than my other friends whom had their teeth removed).

From what I have noticed about myself I don't mind pain and have a very high pain tolerance (which is why I would hope I can go all natural). There is more that I could go into this but I'd rather not.

So I guess what I am looking for is:

Others who have similar fears as I do.

Have gone through this and is able to shine some light.

Thank you

I call this "Exshite-ed" excited and shitting yourself :)

I'm following natal hypnotherapy so whenever I feel anxiety or panicky at impending labour, and the 'unknown' I just have a read if my hypno book or cd and I instantly feel so positive and excited to meet my baby!
Look it up Natal Hypnotherapy by Maggie Howels. It's the book called Effective Birth Preperation. X

I really have to look in to this , third tri and I am still none the wiser about techniques I said I would look in to. Its flying past.

I'd recommend it to anyone. I started it at 30 weeks, the book is just very interesting, some bits I read and lol at! But the knowledge I have gained have prepared me much more than I ever thought it would.
It just helps me 'keep my head' when it gets crazy!

Hey Hun. I was like you with my daughter - started to panic as the big day got closer, while hoping to do things as naturally as possible. I bought a book called Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin and I would really recommend it - it's a bit hippy-ish, but it really helped me to realise that our bodies are designed to give birth, but if we panic and fight against it then we can actually be making the process a whole lot more difficult for ourselves. She's big on controlling your breathing and keeping your muscles relaxed during contractions, and it really did stick with me during labour. I managed to do it with just gas and air, and I really do attribute a lot of that to having read her book. Gonna get it out again soon!

If you are interested, here's a link to amazon. :shrug:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ina-Mays-G...qid=1368040032&sr=8-1&keywords=ina+may+gaskin

Thanks I read the reviews and going to pick up the book this week when I get across town.

I also felt the same as you when I was pregnant the first time with DD. Did NOT want that needle in my back no matter what.
I read a book called 'Birth Skills" by JuJu Sudin and I found it very helpful in visualisation and positive thinking. I also think this helped in my daughter's natural birth, that and raspberry leaf tea :) I think once you start to panic it can all go downhill pretty quickly. For me keeping an open mind about how the day will unfold, not being too hell bent on my birth plan and staying positive really worked.
As for pain tolerance, there's really nothing you can compare it to. I had friends tell me it was like really bad constipation, but to me it was NOTHING like that!? Just take the day as it comes and before you know it you'll be holding your little bundle of joy and the rest of the day was a blur :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->