Small baby... premature delivery? (update pg2 good news)

Great to hear that all is falling into place.

Stacey was feeling like she had 'wind' from about Midday. I picked her up from work at 6pm. I then went to work myself at 7:30pm and Stacey said that she was going for a lie down.

8:20pm, and mr mobile rang. Stacey told me that she'd been onto Primecare and they told her to come to hospital straight away. I've never ran out of work so fast! (I'm a DJ - just left the pub with all my gear/lights/music set up!).

Her 'contractions' were every six minutes in the car - but we still didnt know they were contractions!

We were taken to an assessment room and stacey was twice measured. The nurse didn't really say anything, but kept indicating 'if this baby comes tonight, then....'. This was so scary! Tonight? No! It's October! Not January!!!!!

Panic set in. The whole hospital ward was just a blur as Stacey was wheeled through a corridor - to a sign saying 'Maternity Ward'. But it still didn't click - I was so confused, so worried, nervous, I never had time to stop and think 'I could be a Dad tonight'.

Stacey was placed on gas. It was about 9:45 by this time. Equipment was being wheeled into the room, a big 'sunbed'. The consultant was telling us there is a very real chance it may not survive. Doctors were injecting steroids and other painkillers.

Joseph was born at 11:08 weighing 2lb 12oz. The lower part of his face appeared 'blue' and his eyes were wide open - which were BRIGHT blue, and he appeared to stare at me for the split second I saw him.

He cried, ever so faintly! and was whisked away, we didnt see him for two hours. He was ventilated later that night, CPAP the next day for 4 days...ten weeks in NICU...home the day before Xmas eve!!

And now....well, you can't shut him up!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->