Small bump under chin?

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-I need some advice!

Last night I was briefly rubbing the soft spot under your chin (between jaw and what would be the adam's apple on a male). I noticed that on the right side I had a small bump, the size of a pea. It does not hurt, but as of this morning is tender because I have been touching it all the time. My mom did tell me when she was my age (23) she had a blocked salivary gland/duct and just had to take medicine to get rid of it. Could this be possible? I also have a little bit of a cold and sore throat when I wake in the mornings and wonder if there is a lymph node under there that has swollen.

I know most of us aren't doctors on here, but I called my OB she said it's probably just a blocked duct/gland and will take a look at it when I see her next Tuesday. I would have never noticed this if I hadn't been rubbing my chin last night. Ha Ha! What do you ladies think of this? Thanks!

babe go bk to ur docs and get tested and c what they say

those are just your salivary glands!
they can become swollen when you have a sore throat or are coming down with a cold. I used to get swelling regularly with each cold.
Nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"