Small bump worries

Baby_brain

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

How are all your bumps looking? I'm 27 weeks today and getting really fed up of people telling me that my bump is really small or that I can't possibly be as far along as I am. I love my bump and to me I feel big, although I do recognise that lots of ladies have bigger bellies at this stage! My midwife won't measure fundal height until my next appt at 29 weeks. But I am starting to panic that I will measure too small. I wish people would keep comments like that to themselves, because they are making me worry!

Little girl is very active and kicking away so I know nothing is wrong with her, maybe she is just a little baby?!

I am 26 weeks and I get the same oh you are so small comments, I am sure if I was big it would be oh you are so big.. I have learnt that people are very rude when you are pregnant and think they can say anything I try ignore it now, our little madam was measuring a week ahead last thursday at 25 week scan so I know she is healthy.. The next person who comments on my boob size though might just get a smack.. lol

I am 26 weeks and I get the same oh you are so small comments, I am sure if I was big it would be oh you are so big.. I have learnt that people are very rude when you are pregnant and think they can say anything I try ignore it now, our little madam was measuring a week ahead last thursday at 25 week scan so I know she is healthy.. The next person who comments on my boob size though might just get a smack.. lol

Hi taztap! Thanks, I know that people just love to make comments and think that they can say what you want when you are pregnant. Very annoying. I totally think you are within your rights to smack someone who comments on your boobs! Lol. So rude!

I notice that you are in SA! I am in the UK but I grew up in SA. Whereabouts are you in SA?

What a small world.. I am in Johannesburg, but i grew up in Durban been up here 8 years now.. And where about are u from?

I was worried about this last time but fundal height was always on track and DS ended up being 8lb 10 so must have been hiding somewhere!

I keep getting small bump comments too, and I just counter with I've only gained 12 lbs or that I am still eating right and working out. Everyone carries differently. I knew a girl that was 8.5 months pregnant and looked like I did at 5 months.

What a small world.. I am in Johannesburg, but i grew up in Durban been up here 8 years now.. And where about are u from?

I was in Cape Town. It is a small world indeed!

I was worried about this last time but fundal height was always on track and DS ended up being 8lb 10 so must have been hiding somewhere!

Well I hope she isn't that big to push out, lol! Thank though, that has helped to ease my nerves!

I keep getting small bump comments too, and I just counter with I've only gained 12 lbs or that I am still eating right and working out. Everyone carries differently. I knew a girl that was 8.5 months pregnant and looked like I did at 5 months.

I think I should be more confident like you and start responding to these comments instead of just letting them get to me. I haven't gained much either and what I have gained is all baby bump. I am trying not to overeat and my job is very physical so I burn a lot of calories.

I know in my heart of hearts that it is just pregnancy paranoia, but I need to stop worrying all the same!

I also think you should stop worrying about this. Someone else said, you either get comments about being too small or too big. ( I get the big ones... Haha in my defense everything has been measuring 2 wkS ahead and I always have 9 lbers...so yes it's big)
People just have to comment don't they? It's one or the other, so don't worry, I'm sure everything is just fine. You'll have that much less to lose after baby is born :)

It's hard to have a small bump. I never thought it would be. I had a large bump with my son. But this time, my bump is on the small side.

I get comments on how small it is by just about everyone. My fundal height measurements are right on track. And I also know that the baby is growing just fine based on how I can feel her moving. But it does get discouraging sometimes. I was at my 32 week appointment yesterday, and I saw some other people who weren't as far along as me and were much bigger. Before that, i'd felt like my belly was pretty big.

So, I think belly size just varies based on how the baby is positioned. For me, this one is facing the front and I think that makes it smaller.

I have a really small bump too, i dont even get asked when im expecting as I totally dont look pregnant. I was the same with DD, if wore something baggy with her I still didnt look pregnant at 38 weeks! It does make you question if everything is ok. Im having a section at 39 weeks so expecting not to have a big bump again. I think there's going to be a few shocked people when then they see with me a new baby in a couple of months. I havent mentioned it to alot of people apart from family and close friends.... how do you bring that into conversation when its not obvious, btw do you know im pregnant! lol....:shrug:

People are rubbish at judging size, my DS always gets comments about how he's so tall for his age and he's so short he's not even on the centile charts and has been referred to a paediatrician in the past. I get the small bump comments and I think it's more because I wear baggy tops but also because I'm carrying high this time. I'm measuring spot on.

I thought the same thing and was receiving a lot of comments about it too, but my doctor always said we were right on track and looking good :) In the last few weeks I've really popped and people have noticed, so that might happen for you too!

I get told the opposite! Lol. At my nieces bday party my belly was bigger than my sisters sil who is due 6 or 7 weeks before me. :) everyone has different body types and carry babies differently. My belly shoots straight out since I have no torso and huge babies. Lol. It's nothing to worry about, unless your dr. Says to.

I have a tiny bump, I'm wearing a hoodie today and you wouldn't know at all to look at me that I'm over 29 weeks gone. Baby is measuring perfectly, I've put on about 20-24lbs unbelievably, because I look exactly the same everywhere other than my small bump. I'm not remotely bothered by others commenting, I take it as the compliment it's mostly meant to be. Some people say it in disbelief, most people say I look great, I'm lucky (that I won't have loads to lose afterwards and don't have stretchmarks because nothing is stretching much), or that they wouldn't know at all to look at me. I thought I looked particularly small for how far gone I am but not one medical professional has commented or even shown a pinch of disbelief, so it must be pretty normal.

The only time I find it annoying is when I'm trying to find something to wear and because it's not a big round bump I don't look pregnant, I just look chubby. It has great advantages, like when I had to run for a bus today and didn't bat an eye at absolutely legging it up the road, with a bump that wouldn't been pretty much impossible!

Tiny bump here too... If I wear the wrong Clothes you can't tell I'm pregnant at all.. But I feel like there isn't a good or a bad bump I think at some point everyone gets told they are big or small. I never even had a bump with my first so I feel huge even though I look small

I have a tiny bump, I'm wearing a hoodie today and you wouldn't know at all to look at me that I'm over 29 weeks gone. Baby is measuring perfectly, I've put on about 20-24lbs unbelievably, because I look exactly the same everywhere other than my small bump. I'm not remotely bothered by others commenting, I take it as the compliment it's mostly meant to be. Some people say it in disbelief, most people say I look great, I'm lucky (that I won't have loads to lose afterwards and don't have stretchmarks because nothing is stretching much), or that they wouldn't know at all to look at me. I thought I looked particularly small for how far gone I am but not one medical professional has commented or even shown a pinch of disbelief, so it must be pretty normal.

The only time I find it annoying is when I'm trying to find something to wear and because it's not a big round bump I don't look pregnant, I just look chubby. It has great advantages, like when I had to run for a bus today and didn't bat an eye at absolutely legging it up the road, with a bump that wouldn't been pretty much impossible!

Im the same re clothing, I still wear my normal jeans with a hair band, lol and looser fitting tops, the couple of maternity tops I have just look awful as theirs nothing to fill in, :haha: prob in another few weeks i'll need to opt for leggings and long tops, just dont see the point in buying maternity wear for a couple of months.

I think so many things affect the size of your bump and it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Sometimes it's how you're carrying the baby and other times it's your build. Also you will get a variance from pregnancy to pregnancy. Don't worry about what people say, chances are they're just looking for something to comment on even if they don't really mean any harm.

Thank you so much ladies! So many supportive comments that have made me feel loads better. I am going to try and shrug off the comments in future and focus on how it can be a good thing! Less strain on my back and less chance of stretch marks!

It is just nice to know that I'm not the only one with a small bump. I guess I need to stop comparing myself to work colleagues and friends who were probably just as paranoid about being told they were big in the bump!

I know one thing, I will never comment on anyones bump cos I know how it can affect or worry someone! Not something I would have thought of pre pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->