Small bump

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just wondering if anybody's in the same boat? I keep telling myself that I shouldn't compare myself to everyone else but I can't help it and it really gets me quite down, which makes me want to smack myself!

I'm 18+1 and if I wear the right clothes i'm pretty sure I don't look pregnant at all! Everyone has these gorgeous blossoming bumps and mine just looks like I've eaten a massive dinner!

I've wanted a lovely baby bump for so long that I think my body's just like 'nope' just for the fun of it :haha:

Don't really know what I expect anyone to say but I hope I'm not the only one!

ETA: She's growing completely on track and not on the small side according to measurements. I am quite tall though so she's probably hiding somewhere, still can't help but feel upset though xxx

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm very petite, so I had always been under the impression that when I got pregnant that the baby wouldn't have anywhere to hide. I was wrong. I can notice a small bump, but I'm not visibly pregnant to everyone else. It just looks like a have a bit of a beer belly.

There have been times when I've felt little jealous of some of my friends who started showing at 10-11 weeks. Part of me wishes that my belly was bigger, but the other part of me is relieved that I haven't been putting on that much weight yet.

This is your first baby? That is one reason your bump isn't large yet. Also, you're only 18 weeks. Give it time, soon enough your bump will be so big you wont be able to bend over, tie your shoes, or shave your hoo-haa cause you wont be able to see it! lol. That bumb will grow, in the meantime, enjoy it not getting in the way. I loved my big belly with my daughter, but damn if I dropped something on the floor, it stayed there until someone else picked it up because I just couldn't :haha:

With my first I didn't get a bump until 30 weeks. This is my 2nd and my bump popped at 26 weeks so not everyone is the same. It will come soon

X

I didn't have a big bump up until I was about 20 weeks along! Before then, I just looked like I had one too many hamburgers LOL :') Now my bump is huge!!

It's totally normal. My first pregnancy, it was just extra roundness until near 20 weeks... By the end of the pregnancy it looked like my old self had stuck a basketball under my shirt! lol
It'll come! They can hide for a while but eventually they just grow too much and you'll look pregnant enough! hehe

lol I felt the same way at 18 weeks - Then I hit 21-22 weeks and it was like BAM, overnight he popped out and made his appearance known. It will come! Especially if it is your first, everyone told me I wouldn't show until 24+ weeks. Still some days I just feel like I look bloated and then others I look like I have a huge bump.

Don't worry :) I was 26 weeks in my profile pic and still not showing very much depending on what I wore. I didn't really pop until I was around 30 weeks! And just an FYI, this is my 3rd!

Thank you girls! And yes, she's my first! xxx

My first pregnancy and no bump, just looking chubby! One definitely couldn't tell just by looking. Supposed to be common among first-timers

I didn't look pregnant with my 1st until about 7 months.

I'm tall as well and my doc explained it as baby has more room to grow up before they grow out. I FINALLY started looked preggo around 23 or 24 weeks but never had a massive "you're about to pop" belly. Went 2 weeks overdue and just before he was born people would ask and were always so surprised how far along I was. The belly WILL come though and its worth the wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->