Small kids??

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Anyone else got a small kid?? My son is 8 years old (9 this October) and he is such a skinny scrawny wee thing :haha::haha: He is 135cms tall, I think that is about 4'4 and weighs a tiny 54lbs, just under 4 stone (about 24.5kgs). Some of his friends are almost a head taller than him and his best friend is almost a stone and a half (21lbs) heavier than him :wacko:

I know he is never going to be big as I am only 5'6 and until recently I have never weighed more than 9 stone (126lbs) but he just looks so petty when he is with his friends :haha:

He is very, very active, has actually been assessed for hyperactivity but because he concentration is super good they discharged him :haha:

I am not overly concerned, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat :flower:

Both my boys are quite small but I'm not worried as they are in proportion. I am only 5'1'' and lots of the men on my maternal side are quite small. Ds2 is the same size, height and weight, as my friend's son who is 18 months younger but ds2 is on 25th centile and her son is on 98th so it just shows the difference in children.

My 6 year old daughter is the smallest in her class. She's very petite and been around the 2nd centile since she was born. The doctors aren't concerned she's just super petite

My son is average height and 23kg, my daughter is pretty short though (but not skinny, she's 16.5kg). I'm 4'11" and OH is 5'6" so we don't expect any basketball players!

They do have a cousin who is 6.5 years old and is only about a cm taller than my son I think, he's maybe 114cm tall, he's only 16kg.

I was a tiny child, sat at the 3rd centile or lower from birth to 5 when they stopped checking.

yep i do. mr 6 is 97.5cm and 38lb hes followed the 0.4th centile until mid last year when we finally moved to the 2nd centile.

mr 3 is on the 9th centile and mr 15 months is on the 25th :)

Sethsmummy I'd double check your chart for Mr 6, I think he might have slipped back down to 0.4th

My Mr5 is 101cm and on the 2nd.

When did you move your boy out of a strapped toddler type car seat?

Sethsmummy I'd double check your chart for Mr 6, I think he might have slipped back down to 0.4th

My Mr5 is 101cm and on the 2nd.

When did you move your boy out of a strapped toddler type car seat?

:dohh: oh man really. Its not on his chart yet. i just weighed him while ds3 was in hospital last week. gah oh well im sure hell get back up there at some point. Theyre not worried about him as hes pretty consistent these days. just depends how hes going with food.

to come out of straps is 15kg i think. xx

Maybe the difference is I tend to go by the height chart rather than the weight one.

Mine is about the 9th for weight but I tend to worry more about height.

My son is average height and 23kg, my daughter is pretty short though (but not skinny, she's 16.5kg). I'm 4'11" and OH is 5'6" so we don't expect any basketball players!

They do have a cousin who is 6.5 years old and is only about a cm taller than my son I think, he's maybe 114cm tall, he's only 16kg.

I was a tiny child, sat at the 3rd centile or lower from birth to 5 when they stopped checking.

Your 5 year old is almost the same weight as my 8 and a half year old :haha:

I was a short kid only 5'4'' now myself, luckily my dd doesnt follow this line, but her friend is , he is 4.5y old and only 1m tall about .

He is a tiny little thing in weight isn't he? But height wise he is quite tall according to the percentiles. Around 25th for weight and 70th for height (was just checking mine on the percentiles in O's red book). He's the same height as Naomi-Mae (134cm and 11 in July) and Morgan (136cm and 12 this month), I think Kaysie and your little man are the same school year? She's eight next month and 115cm.

He is a tiny little thing in weight isn't he? But height wise he is quite tall according to the percentiles. Around 25th for weight and 70th for height (was just checking mine on the percentiles in O's red book). He's the same height as Naomi-Mae (134cm and 11 in July) and Morgan (136cm and 12 this month), I think Kaysie and your little man are the same school year? She's eight next month and 115cm.

When I read this I thought I had his height wrong as he is one of the smallest in his class, I measured him again and he is 134.5cms :wacko: Yes he is the same year as Kaysie :)

I am not overly concerned about his weight as he has and sometimes still does suffer bowel problems and I have been told thats why he finds he hard to keep weight on :nope: He gains weight then his problem flares up he loses it again. He just looks so scrawny beside his friends :haha:

I just checked his measurements online and he weight is still in the average range for his age but his height is in the 9-10 year old average range :wacko: His class must have all the tallest boys in Belfast if he is one of the smallest :haha::haha:

Haha. You're all putting them on grow bags over night :haha:

yep i do. mr 6 is 97.5cm and 38lb hes followed the 0.4th centile until mid last year when we finally moved to the 2nd centile.

Mr 6 must be cute as a button! My 3 year old is on the short side and she's about that height I think, or just under.

My brother and I were always the smallest or next-to-smallest kids in the school through primary and to the middle of high school. Tiny and skinny.

Around 15 we both had a growth spurt and now I'm 5'8" and he's 5'11.5", so you never know what will happen!

Mr 6 must be cute as a button! My 3 year old is on the short side and she's about that height I think, or just under.

he is <3 hes one of the smallest in his class at school and is a year and a half older than some of them as he was held back a year in nursery xx

My DS is on the 0.4th centile for height and 2nd for weight. He weighed 13.1kg last time I weighed him a couple of months ago. When stood next to his tallest classmate who is a few months older than him he looks so teeny. Me and my brothers and cousins were the same as children though.

My niece only reached 135cm at 12, she was desperate to get there by age 11 so that she could begin underage driving lessons - got them for her 12th birthday instead. I consider her sister to be tall and she is 130cm at 10.

My niece only reached 135cm at 12, she was desperate to get there by age 11 so that she could begin underage driving lessons - got them for her 12th birthday instead. I consider her sister to be tall and she is 130cm at 10.
My 6 yo nephew is 1.30 m

I was the 2nd shortest in class when I was 10 and I was 1.35m

and what are underage driving lessons? earliest you could start here is at 17.5 years of age(unless for mopeds at 15 yo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->