Small kids??

My niece only reached 135cm at 12, she was desperate to get there by age 11 so that she could begin underage driving lessons - got them for her 12th birthday instead. I consider her sister to be tall and she is 130cm at 10.

My son was 130cm when he was 6 and half, he had a review at the hospital and they said that 130cm was average for a 6 year old :shrug:

He had an appointment this morning and his weight and height were done, both were within average for his age :happydance:

I'm 33 and 147.5cm, does thy make me pretty stumpy? I reached this height at 14 I think.

My niece only reached 135cm at 12, she was desperate to get there by age 11 so that she could begin underage driving lessons - got them for her 12th birthday instead. I consider her sister to be tall and she is 130cm at 10.
My 6 yo nephew is 1.30 m

I was the 2nd shortest in class when I was 10 and I was 1.35m

and what are underage driving lessons? earliest you could start here is at 17.5 years of age(unless for mopeds at 15 yo)

My son is 6 and 117cm already so it's definitely on my sisters side!!

Over here there a places you can get driving lessons from the age of 11 (although it's not really common) - as long as you are tall enough to be out of a booster seat. It's really good, it's a full driving lesson but given by in instructor on private land (as they're not aloud on the road until 17 in a car). My nieces and nephew loved it and it actually encouraged the two older ones to hold off taking on road lessons and sitting their tests until they were nearer 20 - they said they realised what a big responsibility it was. I think you can do them at 10 in some places.

My son was 130cm when he was 6 and half, he had a review at the hospital and they said that 130cm was average for a 6 year old :shrug:

He had an appointment this morning and his weight and height were done, both were within average for his age :happydance:

130cm is a good height for age 6 - not sure where you are? Going by clothing sizes in the UK age 6 average is about 116cm, age 7 122cm. Ds has sat between the 50th and 75th percentile since he was born, which would put him round about my fathers height when he stops growing (180 - 185 cm)

130cm is a good height for age 6 - not sure where you are? Going by clothing sizes in the UK age 6 average is about 116cm, age 7 122cm. Ds has sat between the 50th and 75th percentile since he was born, which would put him round about my fathers height when he stops growing (180 - 185 cm)

I can only say what I was told at the appointment, the nurse that measured his weight and height when he was 6 told me he was in the average for his age and the doctor that done him this week also said he was in the average for his age, he was 130cms at 6 and he is now 134.5cms at 8 :shrug: I dont really look at the height when buying clothes, I try them on if they fit then thats it :blush:

I am guessing I may have tall boys :haha::haha: I just checked my eldest sons hospital review he had at 5 years old and he was 125cm and is now 6'3 :haha: maybe my youngest is going to be over 6foot as well.

I suppose they will all grow at their own rate

Average is anywhere between 10th and 90th though isn't it? So that leaves a huge difference I think.

This just popped up on the new posts and interested me. My wee one is between the 25th and 50th for weight and she is between the 9th and 25th for height. The nurse seemed a bit concerned til I til her I'm 5 foot 2 and her dad is 5 foot 6 ( he tells people he is 5 ft9 though)

I saw a six month old babies bigger than my 18 (15 adjusted) month old daughter.

Kiwi are you calculating from her due date rather than birth date?

But yes I am meeting 3 year olds the size of my 5 year old! And I have to explain they are much younger than him when he thinks he can act like them.

They're all so different aren't they? My nephew is a few cm's shorter than Kaysie, she's eight next month and he's four.

My son has a friend that is two years younger than him but he is a few inches taller than my son, then another friend is 2 years older than my son but my son is almost a head bigger than him. They are all so different, would be a boring world if they were all the same :)

Kiwi are you calculating from her due date rather than birth date?

But yes I am meeting 3 year olds the size of my 5 year old! And I have to explain they are much younger than him when he thinks he can act like them.

I am counting her actual age not her adjusted age.

My son has a friend that is two years younger than him but he is a few inches taller than my son, then another friend is 2 years older than my son but my son is almost a head bigger than him. They are all so different, would be a boring world if they were all the same :)

I agree with this. My eldest is pretty much your average joe height wise. Most of the girls in her class are around the same height (apart from one who is itty bitty) but there is one teeny boy and then one really big tall boy and there is such a huge difference between them!
It's amazing and brilliant how different children are.

My 2.5yr old is a shorty, though. Not sure about my youngest tbh. She isn't tall though!

Harriets 7 in a few weeks and has recently grown in height, shes around 118cms now but weighs in at roughly 34lbs. Shes got no fat on her whatsoever shes just slim and gangly :lol: Shes in the handful of the smallest kids in her year, we cant even get 2-3year pants on her as they fall off her little bum lol!
Max on the other hand is about 42lbs and 120cm. a fair bit bigger than her as hes not 6 until june!

just had ds1 weighed and measured at his hospital appointment. 38lb and 109cm at 6 years (just under) 6 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->