Small lump in underarm... Should I be worried?

Dobsd

Reaction score
Hey ladies.
My armpit (lower, toward my breast) was painful yesterday so I had a feel and there's a small, round lump there. About the size of a ball-bearing. Does anybody have any experience of this or know what it could be? I don't want to Google it as I'm sure I'll come away thinking I'm dying!!

No idea, but it's certainly best to get it checked out.

Your milk ducts can extend as far as your armpits, so it may be related to your body getting ready to make milk. I'd get it checked out just to be safe, but I wouldn't panic.

I had a small breast lump recently. Went to see gp who referred me to breast clinic to get the lump scanned to be on the safe side. It turned out to be fine. The consultant said Its common for breast changes to occur during pregnancy, lots of women get blocked milk ducts etc, but its always best to get these things checked just to be on the safe side. I'm sure you'll be fine tho xx

Sounds like a boil to me. I've had them in my armpits before. Try alternating A warm wet cloth on it for 15 minutes, then a cold compress for 15 minutes. If it is a boil, after a day or so it will come to a head (like a pimple). You'd visibly see the head and be able to pop it and after that the pain would go away. If it doesn't come to a head, don't try to squeeze it because then it's something different. I get weird things like that so personally I wouldn't be worried about it, but if you're concerned do phone your ob, they might be able to ease your worries.

I vaguely remember getting something like this with my first pregnancy, or after the birth. I couldn't tell you when or for how long for but it went away of its own accord. It was also about a ball bearing size and hard. Might have even had a smaller one in the other armpit too, but the details are too fuzzy in my memory, sorry.

Hopefully yours is similar and will just fade away too :)

I had a little lump, same kind of size, in my armpit last time I was pregnant. Doctor wasn't worried, but mentioned it to midwife after DS was born and she sent me to a different doc, who sent me for blood tests to rule anything out, and they all came back fine. After a while it went away. I am a massive worrier about terminal illness, so I get what you mean, but it's mostly likely to be nothing. Get it checked out anyway though.

Is it under the skin? Does it move at all when you push on it? It could be an inflammed lymphnode. We have lymphnodes in the area you mentioned and I know I have a few dodgy nodes that have stuck around for many years (probably from previous infections, getting sick, etc.). I freaked out when I found two between my breast and under arm a few years back so had them checked by my gp. Couldn't hurt to get checked by your doctor :)

I had one a few days after my son was born and doctor said it was because of a blocked milk duct. As soon as my milk came in it went away.

Definitely stay away from Google and speak to your doctor. It could be just breast changes due to pregnancy or a swollen lymph node, but it's a huge relief to have a doctor clear it:thumbup:

Best to do what the other ladies suggested, avoid Google & seek medical advice directly for peace of mind ��I found one same description with ds2, doctor referred me for a scan, it was just milk related �� x

I get these all the time although mine are bigger than you describe. They hurt like hell. If they're painful, they're ok, if painless seek medical advice x

Thanks ladies! I've made a doctor appointment for Thursday, will let you all know how it goes :)
You've put my mind at ease anyway, lots of things it could be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->