Small red bump on cervix

Nimyra

Mom of two and one angel
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a blood blister on your cervix?

I was checking my cervix today (and I'm hanging crazy low due to pregnancy-related uterine prolapse so it's pretty much right there), and felt a funny bump, so I grabbed a hand mirror to take a peek. I'm hanging so low I can see my cervix just by parting my vaginal lips a bit... And I can clearly see the bump... its' dark red and looks like a blood blister. Maybe 1-2mm in size... tiny.

I spent some time today freaking out... is it an STI, cancer, polyp, cyst... or just what it looks like, a blood blister. A bit calmer now, but I'm going to have a hard time waiting 2 weeks until my next ob appt. to ask...

I feel like I can't call and bug my dr. about yet another thing because there has been a lot of that already and I imagine they are getting tired of my anxieties...

Anyone know anything about this?

sounds like a nabothian cyst..harmless and very common. ask you ob at next appt :)

Could def be what the lady above said , also endo lesions can look exactly like blood blisters ,you can google it to compare .. hope is nothing serious but it doesn't sound like it , I think you will be fine Hun.
Good luck in the app.
A

I wouldn't even know where to start, to try & check my cervix :blush:

Popping over from second tri - hope you don't mind :)

At one of my appointments, I had the same thing. And it was what the PP said - a nabothian cyst. They typically go away on their own :)

Thank you, ShakeIt. I wasn't sure because its red, not white, but I imagine they could easily get filled with blood since there is so much blood down there right now anyway... I'll wait and ask in 2 weeks when I see my OB.

Waffle, lol... I was accustomed to checking as a means of monitoring fertility, but its really easy to find when have a uterine prolapse... because it is RIGHT THERE. I probably wouldn't have had a clue otherwise that there was a bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->