Smart Nappy Question

Rachel_C

Reaction score
I'm still loving my smart nappies, in fact I'll soon be selling most of the others I bought to try out, but I'm having a bit of a problem with them at the moment. Well it's not a problem really but I'd like to stop it happening so I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Leyla is probably about 11lbs now so she's in the small nappies, which are supposed to fit from 6-13lbs. They only leak when I forget to change her and she seems comfortable enough in them, but I don't like the marks they leave on her. I've tried not fastening them as tight, but then they gape around her waist so if she poos I'm afraid they'll leak big-style. The marks seem to be worst around the gusset bit inside and go all around where they touch her, not around the outside part of the nappy which is lower down her leg. Do you think I should get the medium size nappies? They fit from 12-20lbs. I don't think Leyla's particularly chubby as she's quite long, but that's the only thing I can think of to try. Any suggestions would be very welcome, whether you've tried smart nappies or not. Thanks.

yeh id go for the bigger ones, its not like theyll never get used as shes pretty close to the range for them anyway, and if they are a worse fit u can always go back to your smalls

x

Hey hun, I had Olivia in mediums at 10 and a half lb! The weight on them is just a guide. I'm selling some mediums and inserts at the moment (two wraps and 5 s/m inserts - 2 have never been used, others used just a few times). Was looking for about £15 for them but you could PM me an offer if you would like them :hugs:

glad you posted this, I was thinking the same this morning as well that my smalls weren't going to last much longer. My daughter is about 11lbs but I use prefolds in them instead of their pads, so are a little more bulky. Guess I better get some mediums outers on order too.

daisy gets these marks sometimes too, but we only use our smart nappies occasionally - if i am running low or inbetween others!

daisy is now 12-13 lbs and is still in smalls!!! if i put them on overnight and use 2 pads i use a medium but the mediums with one pad is huggggggggge!! lol i think its just a case of playing and working out what works for you hun :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"