Smear test and early pregnancy

Bubble4

Reaction score
I am due to have my smear test and I have just found out that I am pregnant. Can I still have it done? Will it cause a miscarriage?

I was told to wait until 3 months post partum because pregnancy can cause false abnormal results. Congrats on your pregnancy :)

No I’ve just been advised the same I’m in the UK and they advise 12 weeks after baby is born x

I had my Pap smear done at my first appointment with my daughter when I was 6 weeks

In the UK they will delay it til 3 months after baby due to false results and miscarriage risk.

I had one when I went in for my 1st appt with my OB with daughter. He said that was normally what they do. My results came back abnormal. Had another one 3 or 4 months after baby, and it was normal. Honestly, just knowing that it can skew the results, I wouldn't bother until after baby.

For us, everyone pregnant woman gets one at their 12 week scan/appt.

They do them on pregnant women in the US, but don’t seem to anywhere else. I’m in NZ and was due for a smear when pregnant with my second. I ended up having it 4 months post partum as it’s not standard to do it during pregnancy here.

Thank you for replying to my thread. I seen my gp this morning and she said to wait until after the baby is born. On the other hand I cannot wait until I go for my ultrasound 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->