smear test help anyone?

MiasMum

Reaction score
Summer 2012 my smear showed abnormal changes. I had colcoscpy and leetz treatment gor cin3. My follow up appointment this january came back all clear and referred me back for 6 monthly testing.
It appears I missed a letter in july time as ive now had a letter saying im overdue and because of my previous abnormal cells its important to go.
However ... after almost 4 years of trying for a baby I am finally pregnant following ivf treatment. I understand that I wont be having one now im pregnant and will be waiting until after baby is born but im petrified.
My partner says that as my last one was ok I should be ok to wait. Im a natural worrier and am so scared.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

If it is just a pap you can have that done during pregnancy. I had one with my first. I hope everything goes OK! Happy and healthy 9 months btw!!!

Thankyou. Im not sure where you are but my doctor said they do not peform smears during pregnancy x

Interesting I'm in the us :) sorry i thought that was common practice... Hmm. Thats understandable but odd with your history... I'm sorry I wasn't any help! I hope things go well for you!

I had a smear yesterday and I'm 17 weeks pregnant but I'm not in the UK either. Not sure why they don't do smears in the UK during pregnancy; I was told it was safe. I must admit, I did worry though. How far along are you? Here they wait until you're 16 weeks to do a smear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->