Smell

marshdaily

Reaction score
I do NOT want to ask my Doctor about this. Is it normal to have a strange smell with a miscarriage? The discharge smells like, well, hampsters maybe? :blush:

I don't know about that specific kind of smell. One thing, I know when I'm pregnant my sense of smell becomes much more sensitive. So could it be that you're experiencing that symptom? My numbers have been declining after MC but I kinda had a feeling they weren't back to 0 yet because things didn't smell like they usually do. It's not fun to get pregnancy-related symptoms during MC but unfortunately, those hormones are still hanging out in your system for awhile.

LittleBird is probably right. I didn't notice any smell, but I think I lost my enhanced smell before I mc'd. Sorry for your loss.

I'm pretty sure any sort of foul smell can indicate infection and is cause to call your doctor.

Now that you say that- I do remember seeing that it could be an infection.

I read that if there is any bad smell after your miss that it could be a sign of an infection. U prob need to speak to your doc.

yes it sounds like it could be the consequence of infection. When I spoke to the nurse at my local Early Pregnancy Unit during MC she said to be careful of such a discharge and if it happened to immediately consult a doctor as it would normally indicate an infection post MC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->