Smelling things that aren't there?!

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
oh my god. I have been smelling rotten fruit everywhere I go all day. And yesterday I kept smelling dirty diapers everywhere. And my husband keeps reassuring me that there is no gross smell anywhere but it's making me super nauseous, especially the rotten fruit smell. Is this normal? And is there a way to stop it short of putting Vicks under my nose, because that smell also makes me sick lmao. o_O

OMG! I could have written this lol. I swear I can smell pee too. Driving me mad lol. But there is no pee! Weird 😂😂

For several weeks I could smell really bad drains in our bathroom. I bleached, cleaned and scrubbed but it wouldn't go away. Made me wretch! Hubby couldn't smell it at all! Thankfully it's gone now. I don't know whether the bleach solved it or whether the smell was only in my head!

Ha! this was me a few weeks ago. For 2 or 3 days at work I kept smellin pee. and then a few days later I was smelling poo, though not as often as I had been smelling pee. The funny thing is, we were potty training DS and I was so certain I must have his pee on my clothes somewhere. But I could never track down the smell! I sort of though I was going crazy from the stress of potty training. Never thought it might be a preg symptom :haha:

No smells for me yet but with my last pregnancy i could smell EVERYTHING!

Someone was having a bbq 2streets over... I would smell it! :dohh:

Weirdest smell for me last time was cheese :wacko:

Weeks 6-10ish I could smell everything really strong but after that it turned into smelling things that aren't there. It's all for sure things that aren't in our house or in the car. Why can't it be delicious smelling things?!

When I was pregnant with DS, I was convinced for weeks that the cats had urinated on the couch. I tore the cushions off, examined them, bought a blacklight....no pee.

This pregnancy, it's the bathroom drain...but DH smells it too.

Had this for a few days!
On the way to work I could smell drains haha when I got to work I asked people and they had no idea!
Just now I asked other half he was cooking something because I can smell a pepperoni kind of thing and he has no idea what I'm on about!

What's with everyone smelling drains? I have no idea what a drain smells like. Maybe I'm lucky I don't. Sounds gross.

What's with everyone smelling drains? I have no idea what a drain smells like. Maybe I'm lucky I don't. Sounds gross.

Kind of like sewage, but not as bad. I think that the seal around the bottom of the toilet is off. We ruled out the sink and I am pretty sure it's not the tub, it's not from the toilet as long as it's got water in it...it's either the vent in the roof damaged, or the seal around the bottom of the toilet. It started when DH installed a new toilet seat, which he might have wriggled the toilet around installing it?

Haha I was also confused about the drains thing but now I get it! That's actually one of the things I'm smelling. I'm so glad I'm not alone lmao. Pregnancy is so bizarre sometimes.

Yep! The other night I was eating bolognese I had just made and swear I could smell very strongly coconut milk... needless to say there wasn't any in the pasta. I thought maybe I could smell it on the bottom of the bowl - even though it just came from the dishwasher and I can't remember the last time we used coconut milk - then the smell followed me around all the next day. So I'm pretty sure I imagined it, but it was strong!

When I was pregnant with DS, I was convinced for weeks that the cats had urinated on the couch. I tore the cushions off, examined them, bought a blacklight....no pee.

This pregnancy, it's the bathroom drain...but DH smells it too.

Haha! That was me with DS! I was so convinced the couch smelt like dog wee I tried to sell it! ☺️

Yes! I can smell the dish detergent on dishes! The worst "phantom" smell is a plastic-y smell. It's everywhere, worse if we're cooking/at a restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->