• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smelly belly 15 months on!

violet chase

Reaction score
I had an emergency section last march I was fine while I was in the hospital I had to stay in as my son had jaundice but the day after we were discharged I was hit with an infection and I had a gape in my scar, it took just over a month for someone (my health visitor of all people) to get me sorted out and on the correct antibiotics

While I had the infection there was an awful smell that would come from the scar (my ex said it smelt like I had sh*t myself!) I was told this would go when I finished the anti biotics!

I will add here that I am over weight, I had and have sweaty moments that are "fine" but now and again my belly smells awful. I've always had a bit if an over hang and never reeked as bad!

A friend who works for the NHS has said it sounds like I still have an infection something is definitely not right but if I see a doctor I'm told it's fine, I've been told to dry my belly with a hair dryer, talc it up iand if it doesn't smell on the day then "it's in my head" I don't know what to do or if there is anything I can do!?

I'm losing weight which is good but a slow process.
Please tell me I'm not alone

I get where you are coming from. I am overweight and have a lovely apron leftover from my section in Oct 2012. I also have to make sure I keep it clean and dry because otherwise it gets a bit nasty in there. I had an infection about 6 months after my section but cleared up with cream from the Dr. Just to let you know my Dr told me not to use talc as it is abrasive and can make issues worse. If you want to use powder to keep it dry she told me to use cornflour because it is the finest you can get xx

I am 3 months post section but I totally know what u mean bout the smell. I find if I dont shower every day my scar really smells bad. I also have an apron of skin on one side and its this side that smells. I am hoping it will get better but have spoken to friends who say they still have issues with this years later. Fingers crossed. Xo

I also had a c section 15 months ago and for the past 4 months my scar keeps opening up and getting infected! its driving me mad especially as i am pregnant again!
It started off as a boil and it burst and got infected and i have had 2 courses of anti biotics and it still keeps coming back... at my wits end with it so i do sypathise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->