Smoking in the car with children

Where I live you can STILL smoke in the GROCERY stores. It makes me so mad. Who wants to take their child shopping and stand in the checkout with someone next to them smoking?! I'm looking into getting something passed here where you can't smoke on the playground, at the grocery stores, entrances to buildings, (on the school grounds there is an ashtray next to the front door) and I'd really like to see no smoking in any apartment complexes, we suffer with our neighbors smoking also.

I would defiantly say something! Don't agree with smoking around children full stop. Let alone in a closed environment while they are breathing in the second hand smoke. I can see why your upset hun :hugs: x

Ok, so by no means am I judging those who smoke or do I want to start a debate here on smoking. I am just curious as to how you would handle this.

Today my 4 year old kind of let it slip that her dad (we are not together) smokes sometimes when she is in the car with him. When I questioned her further she said it was ok because the window is down. This REALLY p*sses me off. One of the agreements we made when we first split years ago was that he not smoke in the car or near her in an enclosed space. I'm livid :growlmad: I know she felt bad after she realized he wasn't supposed to be doing it because then she kept saying "it's ok because the windows are open".

Many on here are from different parts of the world, but here in Ontario, Canada it is against the law and a $250 fine if a person smokes in the car with a child. How would you handle this? I'm obviously going to ask him about it although I don't think he will admit it. I'm so against this and it makes my blood boil. I'm wondering how else I can ensure that he doesn't do it again. I don't trust him not to do it since although he's a nice person he's incredibly immature and self centered. Suggestions?

Whatever you do is up to you, but make sure if you confront him it does not put your daughter in an uncomfortable situation... You want her to continue to tell you the scoop on her visits (lol... i know that sounds bad - but true) & if he confronts her she may start to keep things in for fear of causing a problem... that goes both ways also.. not just on your end. on his end too. Hope that makes sense.

I live in the US not sure if it is a law that prohibits it over here, but it should be. My dad used to smoke in the car, smoke with us on his lap.. etc.. but times have changed and ppl are more aware of how bad second hand is.

Good Luck on this one.

Where I live you can STILL smoke in the GROCERY stores. It makes me so mad. Who wants to take their child shopping and stand in the checkout with someone next to them smoking?! I'm looking into getting something passed here where you can't smoke on the playground, at the grocery stores, entrances to buildings, (on the school grounds there is an ashtray next to the front door) and I'd really like to see no smoking in any apartment complexes, we suffer with our neighbors smoking also.

What state is this that you are in? That's shocking!! I'm in Nebraska and in my town you can't even smoke in bars now. I get mad when I'm standing outside of a function for my kids and I can smell smoke...it's like move away if you want to smoke we don't all need to breath it in!

Arrrgh, I would be very annoyed with anybody smoking around my child. Hubby knows nt to smoke in the car, I dont care if he has our son in the back or not. I think it stinks and we never get the smell back out of the seats when we want to sell the car plus I dont see the point why LO and I should suffer cause he smokes. I smoked for yrs myself (I gave up long before I got pregnant with my son) and gave up so he can bin all the excuses I know how it feels to give up. lol

What state is this that you are in? That's shocking!! I'm in Nebraska and in my town you can't even smoke in bars now. I get mad when I'm standing outside of a function for my kids and I can smell smoke...it's like move away if you want to smoke we don't all need to breath it in!

Kentucky. You can't smoke in all the stores or bars here. But this town, is very backwards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->