Smoking on balcony

We are the one on the left ...My sitting room is the one with flowers in the window and the balcony door is my sitting room too...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 41
I can see why that would be a total pain. It's so close. Not good in summer time at all :nope:

This would really annoy me.

But theres not a great deal you can do .. theres nothing that can stop him smoking there .. I guess the only positive is that that looks like the front of the houses so at least hes not out in the back garden smoking all the time as that would be even worse for the kids and washing etc ..

Could you get an air ionizer or something similar to clean/dissipate the smell in your home?

Yucky! I have the same problem atm, our neighbor also smokes and I can't ever have our windows open :(

I know you say you just moved not long ago, but maybe when your lease is up you can find somewhere new where there are non-smoking buildings? We are moving next month, and while there are several smoking buildings, we asked for a non-smoking building and got a great apartment in one :)

I also agree with getting an air purifier, it'll help with that stench!

Is it just for a little bit that he's smoking, or is like constant chain smoking? To where, you could close up your window until he's done with his smoke and then open back up?

I'm glad I don't have this issue, just had a problem one time, but held my tongue. SIL came to visit/help when my LO was born. Since it was middle of summer, and it was just starting to cool off for the evening, I had my bedroom window open, while I rocked LO to sleep. She walks right past, smiles at me and proceeds to smoke POT.

Ergh disgusting

We used to live with mil when my first son was really small and OH brother and his family came to stay for 2 weeks.

3 of the visitors kept going out into the garden to smoke POT right under my son's and our bedroom windows it was during the summer so we wanted to be able to open his Windows But it made both ours and LO room and our halfway absolutely stink of POT I was beyond fuming because it was our home to our names were on the tenancy and we paid the majority of the rent so I considered us to be in the position to say no go up to The Back of the garden. (Where we have a seat if area and sheltered space)

We spoke to mil as they were her guests so didn't wanna say anything without speaking to her first out of politeness who shrugged her shoulders and said it's only for 2 weeks and we should just deal with it. We packed up our bags and went to stay with my mum and told mil she can pay the full rent for the 2 weeks seeing as we were being forced out our home as I didn't want my LO around That it was happening day and night.

Couple of days later I spoke to one of the visitors who had guessed what had happened and they apologised and said they didn't even realise and would go up the garden from now on

They were absolutely fine I should have gone straight to them as they were very understanding

That would annoy me too. Does he rent? Perhaps that's why he goes outside as most rentals are no smokers allowed.

Of course it's his balcony and he can do what he likes, but people living in close quarters should also considerate. You have no right to insists he stops, but you do have the right to let him know it impacts on how you live in your house. Why not have a nice chat with him and let him know it causes you a problem. He might well be sorry and agree to go elsewhere, or he might be an arse about it and carry on, but there is no harm in asking.

He smokes a lot when he's there.. At lease one an hour.

He owns the house

I've started slamming the window shut so he knows it bothers me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"