smoking

salski

BFP with honeymoon baba
Reaction score
Has anyone struggled to give up smoking since finding out they are pregnant? x

Yeah me, I have found it REALLY hard! I'm not sure how many others will admit it though x

Me too - I have got patches but in all honesty Iv no motivation...when in reality I have the worlds biggest motivation that is in my tummy! Ive given up for 18 months previously so I know I can do it, Im just really struggling - I have tried to find some info on what damage it does in the 1st trimester to see if it scares me into it, but its all about the 2nd and 3rd. Feeling rubbish :(

Karoline? Intrigued as to how that was meant?

I found it easy enough as I was only smoking about 5 a day. Just try your best to quit or at least cut down a lot, you can always start again after LO is born and these few months are so short in the grand scheme of things but it will benefit your LO so much!x

Iknow you are right. I am booked in to see the smoking nurse on Monday so the plan is to give up on Sat when I am not home alone all day. My hubby is about and can spur me on ;)
Thanks for your help x

I paid £180 to give up via hypnotherapy and it worked straight away!! I was in there for an hour and then that was it really...bargain!

x

Thats what I thought. I was really annoyed by the post and even went to bed thinking about it, but the more I thought the more I thought Im not going to be angry and at least I did try and post positively kind-of-thing.
Anyway - today is my last day smoking (fingers crossed) and I shall be binning the remainder of my cigs and becoming smoke free once again!
I am doing a boot sale tomorrow as I have no money lol...and although the £180 would be cheap in the long run - I dont have it right now...so its good old fashioned patches and gum ;)

Thats what I thought. I was really annoyed by the post and even went to bed thinking about it, but the more I thought the more I thought Im not going to be angry and at least I did try and post positively kind-of-thing.
Anyway - today is my last day smoking (fingers crossed) and I shall be binning the remainder of my cigs and becoming smoke free once again!
I am doing a boot sale tomorrow as I have no money lol...and although the £180 would be cheap in the long run - I dont have it right now...so its good old fashioned patches and gum ;)

Especially as you get the patches and gum free on prescription it is worth a good go just for that!

I just knew that I would never have done it via patches (have tried before!), so in order for a quick fix, hypnotherapy was the way forward!

Lots of luck anyhow and hope you prove successful.

xxx

Hey :)

When i was pregnant with my first, as soon as i found out i was pregnant i went onto the silkcut ultra! Its like smoking air. You can smoke 10 of those to one normal ciggy. :)
After a couple of weeks, i just stopped...as it was like smoking nothing anyway.

I started up again after i had my second child, and since then ive quit again, and i used the silk cut ciggys again and the inhalator. Ive been quit since febuary.

I hope this helps a little xx

Just think about your baby above all. smoking cigarettes during pregnancy can cause your baby to have a low birth weight and to have developmental problems. it can also cause a miscarriage in extreme cases. i know quitting is really difficult and even if you are pregnant and know you're about to have a baby, you will still get cravings and be stressed out.

hey all,

Ive been smoking 10 yrs and have quit today with the help of patches! Been ttc 4
15 months with no luck! im trying to get my body fit and healthy b4 hand! This is my motivation, that i will do anythin that will help my chances!! its been solid today and could murder a fag!!! lol but i've been smoke free for 22 hrs nearly! longest in 10 yrs!!!

Good luck girls xxx

hey all,

Ive been smoking 10 yrs and have quit today with the help of patches! Been ttc 4
15 months with no luck! im trying to get my body fit and healthy b4 hand! This is my motivation, that i will do anythin that will help my chances!! its been solid today and could murder a fag!!! lol but i've been smoke free for 22 hrs nearly! longest in 10 yrs!!!

Good luck girls xxx

Wow Well done you hun! I gave up for 5 weeks and then just before my scan on Monday I stupidly convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant and I started again. I have contacted NHS stopping smoking service and also started the classes. My quit day is Monday and I am determined for the first time to STOP THE EVIL FAGS!
Well done you and good luck chick x

Unfortunately, a lady who doesn't speak very good english and 'accidently' comes across as rude, is the least of your problems on a thread like this. So many ladies have started them looking for support, which is all they should be given, since they obviously want to not be smoking, but... I doubt it will be long before the usual suspects arrive, and this thread will be one massive argument :(

Anyway, back to topic! I went to see the stop smoking midwife when I got my bfp, after smoking heavily 30-40 a day for about 15 years, I found it really hard, and only ever managed to cut down through my last pregnancies! But this time round I've been through 8 mc's to get here, so I wasn't taking any risks, and becuase OH left, If I lose this one, I cant just try again! So thats what spurred me on!

I litrally walked out the smoking midwifes office, and thought to myself, I can carry on cutting down, which I KNOW is never gunan work for me, or I can just not have any more cigs - I chose the later, and have not had a single one since! This was about 8 weeks ago :)

What I found helped, which is going to sound strange, is always making sure I had my roll ups in my handbag! That way I didn't feel stressed out over 'not being able to have one'. Altho i was determined not to have one anyway.. I would have found it lots harder if I knew it wsn't there, even to this day I carry it with me! :haha:

I hope you manage to quit, but until you do just remember while we all know smoking is bad, full stop. 5 a day is better than 10 a day etc,e ven if you only manage to cut out one a day per week.. you're on the right track!

I think I was really lucky with my two because smoking made me feel sick when I was pregnant. I stopped a week before I found out I was pregnant with Evie because it made me feel so sick! Don't beat yourself up about it, you know the risks and you are taking steps to get yourself smoke free, its easy for others to say just give up its bad for baby but it is an addiction and its hard. Good luck xx

is there a quit smoking thread on here, that might help you if you can talk to other people who are going through the same things, or even better an online quit smoking buddy ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->