Snacks - Stage 1? Just started weaning!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so whist your on the just starting weaning .... tastes of baby rice & juice can baby have snacks of ANY kind? All I have found is cow & gate rice biscuits today stage 1 6mnths+ but in Boots the other day rice cakes were 9mnth+

:confused:

Caitlins really liking the food thing :D

I dont think any of them do any little snacks for under 6 months but you could try bread & butter and banana and big lumps of cooked veg.

have you ever heard of babyled weaning wobbles, its fantastic, I do puree/mash my little girls meals but do incorporate abit of this too

https://babyledweaning.blogware.com/

Yer thats mainly why I ask. Im comfortable with puree/mash foods but would like to introduce something more solid.

Im getting all baffled again if Im honest at th eweaning lark. It says to offer baby the tip at first but Caitlins dived right in as appears to like it!

Then I would follow her lead and just be on hand if shes needs a help out. These babies are smarter than we give them credit for, if Caitlin is happy to lift some grub then I would offer it. Cooked broccoli and cauliflower are great cause you can give them a little handle with the stalk:D

Toast is a good one and a big cube of cheese, bigger than her mouth

oh just read the tip part in your post, I always ignored that:blush: and made a bit extra so they could get a few spoonfuls :D its hard to take the bowl away when they're looking at you as if to say 'its surely not finished' :D

I loved this for Jack
https://www.babysafefeeder.com/
you can put anything in it for a snack for her with no risk of choking
so yould try her on a rice cake if you think she needs its, you'll prob have to hold it for her though

I got Jack from Ebay and there is another make out there but can't recall what it is called

I personally think rice cakes are the best first snack

the other make is MUNCHKIN :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-Pack-MU...ryZ20405QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wobbles: I'd let her have as much or as little food as she likes. :)

A little off-topic, but if anyone else has a Munchkin (or other) - how on earth do you clean yours?? Mine always gets the food stuck in the end of the net.. x

ive never used one for that reason, i heard they were terrible to clean.

I used to blast mine with the tap on full and for really stuck bits a toothbrush
Used to steralise mine as well

*tries to think back*

I don't think I gave mine snacks when we'd just started weaning. They were having the veg or fruit puree stuff and the same milk feeds inbetween. They didn't seem to want them or need them.

It's only in the last couple of months they've been having snacks between meals. Maybe a handful of raisins (wouldn't give them to a baby Caitlin's age though) or a biccie or bit of fruit.

because we did baby led weaning with rhys he was only on purees for about 3 weeks before we made the switch to finger foods

because we did baby led weaning with rhys he was only on purees for about 3 weeks before we made the switch to finger foods

what you think of the babyled weaning tezzy?

rhys loved it, once we tried it we never looked back, hes been on finger food since 5 months

I don't wanna give her biscuits and stuff I guess but she likes holding and sucking things so wondered was there something for inbetween she can get some thought into lol

mine didnt really need anything inbetween milk and weaning, on Coby i didnt give him things to suck on untill he was around 6 or 7 months, then it was cucumbers and tomatoes

x

i used to give rhys toast, ricecakes with philly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"