Snacks?

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
Do you give your baby snacks? I hadnt been giving my son any snacks because I was afraid to it would put hiim off meals. However, he is stilling having milk between meals and he is nearly 10 months so not sure if a snack would be better. In addition, he is very hungry at mealtime, always cries for food about 20 min before meal time. He has also been asking for his milk between meals earlier than I used to give it to him--he was never overly bothered aboub it before. So he seems hungry so should I give him snacks and if so before/after or in place of his milk? What would be some good healthy snack food to give?

Yeah it sounds like a small snack might be a good idea. In your position I'd probably offer rice cakes, a few strips of toast, or fruit. Sure others have some better ideas too, as my LO is not having any snacks yet...

Snacks are fine so long as there is 2 hours at least before his meal/next bottle, otherwise it could mean he takes less of his proper food.

Izzy isn't a big snacker at the moment, but toast, bread sticks, little bits of cheese, a biscuit etc keep her happy if she seems to want something to nibble on, nearly almost always it is something she can eat herself.

Is he already on 3 meals then? Izzy is only on 2, so when she gets to the stage your LO is at I can always go up to 3 meals....but if you are there already then I think snacks is the only way to go really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->