Snacks

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Alex is still pretty much on 3 meals a day and 3 bottles. His weight gain is still along his centile, but should i be giving him snacks now?

I am not a fan of snacks to be honest.
Izzy has her meals and milk and that's it, she has things like biscuits but these are nearly always after her dinner. I don't give her a snack in between meals and milk.
It may well get to a point where she does want a bit of fruit or something in between, but I certainly wont offer her it unless she asks - as I think offering food for no reason can make them eat when they aren't hungry.

So if your baby isn't asking for more in between then he is probably just fine without snacks too!

thankyou :) If i had offered anything then it would have been fruit, but he rarely asks for anything in between (only recently i realised the odd time he may grizzle is because hes looking for something to nibble, but still rare he does that)

If he asks for it hun like gets grumpy etc and showing signs he is hungery ( Which aaidan sometimes does)

I just chop a bit of Banana up and an orange and he loves that :D
xx

I've given my lo snacks for awhile now. yoghurt, cheese sticks, fruits and an occasional plain biscuit or cracker. She self feeds and half of her meals end up down her front, so I feel she needs a bit extra between breakfast and dinner. She has 1 bottle before morning nap and 1 before bed. I did read the other day that about 80% of parents offer their babies/ toddlers too much food.....

Hannah is offered snacks, if she wants them she eats it, if she doesn't she leaves it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->