snowed in and have 38 week appointment today!!!! **UPDATED WITH PHOTOS OF SNOW :) **

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
Was hopeing to request a sweep lol.

There is no way my car is moving today (not that i have tried but our drive is lower than the pavement if that makes sense) and plus i am a bit scared driving in this weather.

My consultant only has friday bookings and I am seeing him instead of a midwife this week and next app is with midwife on 23rd Dec when i am 39 weeks!

Should i really really try and get a move on (when the time comes) or call and cancel?
xxx

Yikes! I would try and make the appointment - can you take a cab or public transit?? The weather here is awful as well - lots of snow and freezing temperatures - is OH more comfortable driving in crap weather?
xx

Yikes! I would try and make the appointment - can you take a cab or public transit?? The weather here is awful as well - lots of snow and freezing temperatures - is OH more comfortable driving in crap weather?
xx

OH doesnt drive he is crap.
No transport its all cancelled. well at least the trains are and the buses are one every hour (we live in middle of no where).
Could try a cab i spose its just the expense. but back in feb they werent running either.
x
x

If you miss this appointment, then you might not see the consultant again? I guess it depends how important the appointment is - and how much you want a sweep LOL! If you are in the middle of nowhere a cab would be expensive - I'm sure the traffic would be bad. I hope you can figure something out, but if it is a huge ordeal to get there, then maybe you will have to cancel -
xx

unless theres a problem I wouldn't worry too much, there'll be lots pf people in your position because of the weather...the most important thing is for you to be safe.

well hubby has left to try and get a train! Not saying anything wrong with the service so hopefully he will be ok.
He has to walk 45 mins to the station so if there are any cancellations I will be complaining BIG TIME!!!!
Just hope he can make it home as last time he had to stay in a hotel as there was no way of getting home :(
x

OMG! I would just lock myself indoors - it sounds like some nasty weather. Hope your OH can get a train!
xx

OMG! I would just lock myself indoors - it sounds like some nasty weather. Hope your OH can get a train!
xx

I hope he CANT get the train lol as then he will be home and i wont be panicking that it will be just my luck i go into labour lol.
x

also just checked appointment is 10am instead of 8am which i thought it was so i have some time for the snow to go fingers crossed.
xxxx

Im snowed in too Mrs Q, thankfully tho I dont have any appointments etc, so Im planning on staying indoors nice and safe where theres no chance of me slipping over. If you do go out please take care :hugs:. Can you not call your Midwife and try to get an appointment with her early next week? xx

I would check first as if its that bad maybe the consultant will stay home too. If the consultant is in then just get a cab - yes may be an expense not ideal but hey can you imagine if you did slip or shunt the car or get stuck. xxxxxxxxxx

ive got antenatal today & after being in hospital on tues with bleeding i really hope the snow clears so i can go, i just want reassurance. The most important thing is that you are safe though, dont bother driving if its dangerous :hugs:

Hiya well I had to check my bank as hubby went to work (which i didnt think he would bother with after the snowfall in feb) and I have 26p and that aint getting me no where lol. So couldnt get a cab!:blush:
Tried to get in car and the wheels just kept going round and round and wouldnt budge.
Called and had to cancel and she was like...... well he is fully booked till March 2010 now. I said well my baby will be 3 months then so doubt i will need to see him.

next appointment is with community midwife on thursday. But will call early next week (if they havent called me) and book my full term appointment.... although doubt i will see them on my due date as its new years eve lol.

Funny how I got him booked last week for this week.....:shrug:
Also I dont think Midwifes do home visits till after birth do they?

Anyway heres some fun pics so you can see the state of Dorking in Surrey, for some reason it wont let me upload on here so put a link for facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=352322&id=786540236&l=9a7d7ac100

OH Hun im sorry u had to cancel but im sure everything will be fine. u just need to chill or ur BP will go up xxxx :hugs: wrap up warm and rest. xxxx thats an order from me :winkwink:
Im sure if u asked nicely ur mw would come to you, even ur dr. I asked my dr and she said yes. if u cant get about due to mobility they would have to xxxx
gonna mooch at ur pics now :) xxxx

yea i aint fussed i feel fine, all that happens is i go in get told i have a high bmi EVERY TIME... prop on bed, feel of baby, heartbeat and order more injections for my blood thinners and THATS IT!!! But i have enough to last me for the next few weeks.
x

I'm wondering if you made it to your appointment?

Midwives in my area will do home visits before the birth, they will do sweeps at home but not till 41 weeks.

Hehehe - that amount of snow makes me laugh. I was driving in snow like this last year...when I started shovelling the snow was hiding the license plate lol.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/jamie_duff/DSC00020.jpg?t=1261134716

and that was after an hour of shoveling the cul de sac. By the drivers back wheel there is a curb about 3 inches high underneath the 4 inchs of snow which appeared overnight! :haha:

Of cousre I don't suggest you should be driving in snow though whilst pregnant. I certainly wouldn't! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->