Snowed In

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Anyone else snowed in? We were supposed to go home for Christmas today, took us over 1 hour to travel 10 miles and we had to turn back due to the car sliding on ice and blizzards closing in.

I guess we're more iced in than snowed in atm but after coming back home it's got worse and we're stuck in our driveway :dohh:

No Christmas at home for us yet! Hoping the roads clear tomorrow.

awww hunny poor you! hope it clears up :hugs: xxx

oh no :( :hugs: hope it clears up honey so you can travel tomorrow xxx

Got really upset when we had to turn back, as the festivities with my family start tomorrow at my Gran's. :(

Typically we cleared the house of food and turned the heating off before we left so now have only dried stuff like pasta in the house :rofl:

Hope it clears up and you can get home tomorrow

aww hunny! :hugs: where r u? xx

Scottish Highlands. The road home goes through the hills.

Just had a look and the roads aren't closed yet. It's a single carriageway with very sheer drops and with the roads being thick ice I'm really surprised. Hope there isn't an accident.

Hope it clears so you can set off tomorrow :hugs:

aww hunny! :hugs: where r u? xx

Scottish Highlands. The road home goes through the hills.

Just had a look and the roads aren't closed yet. It's a single carriageway with very sheer drops and with the roads being thick ice I'm really surprised. Hope there isn't an accident.

Is that up the A9 way atall? Hope you get to your Grans hun! We got 2 inches in 30 mins here, down in Fife! xx

We were snowed in yesterday... Slowly clearing now though.

xx

We had accidents on our road on Thursday and the road was closed off. I was hoping it would clear a bit for tomorrow as I'm going to pizza hut for a mummy's meal and have some lovely shoes to wear but they would not be practical in this weather!

No food in the house is a good excuse for a takeaway! :D xx

we have alot of snow! quite worrying really hope the baby doesnt wanna come while the weathers like this! (not that he should like but never know!) OH is off too pic MIL and my Mum up on Tuesday and my sister is ment too be getting the train here tomorrow, Hes had too go out tonight too Plow the roads on Camp n then get them gritted! he didnt even get a chance too have his tea when they called poor thing!

We have pretty bad ice here too. yesterday night I had to go shopping and the gritters hadn't been in the scheme yet so the road (that happens to be a hill too!) was a complete sheet of ice.. very scary but luckily my mum has sports wheels that are new and have really good grip.

If your heading anywhere round aberdeenshire - its fine here, snowy but roads are clear.

Ohh, im kinda glad Iam not going up that way any more, However OH's mum has to venture on the 10 on thurday to get here!! If it gets worse we will stick her on the train me thinks!

I haven't been able to move my car since Thursday, it's really starting to get to me now as the kids are going stir crazy stuck in. I can't take them out as the road is like a sheet of ice and the back garden is so deep in snow I could barely find our toddler :rofl:.

My DH has a 4x4 that he refuses to insure me on :rolleyes: so I'm waiting for my little Suzuki to immerge from the snowball it's become. I may have to get out there with an extension lead and my hairdryer at this rate! :rofl:

Aww hope you manage to join the rest of your family soon :hugs:We too are snowed in,was meant to take my niece and nephew back home today as they have been with us over the weekend but after it took us an hour to clear the car we couldnt actually get up the slope out of ours and onto the road (all up and down hill here),the wheels were just spinning.Hopefully tomorrow the council will be out like they were on friday clearing some of the roads with spades and gritting them.

Hope the roads clear and you can get home to your family hon! :hugs:

See, some of us wish to have lots of snow, but it kind of sucks when you have to travel in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->