Snugglenest

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
We're going to get one of these so thought I'd check here first as I thought someone had one going a while ago :flower:

xxx

I did hun but it was ages ago and its sold, Although have to say theyre fab! post in wanted section maybe?

Ive got one hon = its on ebay at the moment :) its blue though!?!
we only used it very briefly - K hated it! :dohh:

Katy (I think) offered to sell me one in blue but A) I'm far far away and B) we went with a bed rail.
hth

Yeah hun, i would go with a bed rail too. Hunter used the snugglenest for a month or so and only half the nights even then. If LO likes to be close, then the snugglenest isnt much closer than the moses basket (if the moses basket is right next to you that is) They still cant feel your warmth and you cant doze off while feeding (the main benefit of cosleeping) The bed rail will cost about the same and will last until she is no longer in your bed and then you can put the bed rail on her bed :D You will need a bed rail when she outgrows the snugglenest anyway

Just my opinion :D

ALSO: if you only have a double bed the snugglenest takes up half the bed with both you and OH in! thats why we got a king but before it arrived, we stopped using the snugglenest :dohh:

Also, just a heads up, we found it impossible to buy one!! I searched online everywhere but every website was out of stock. We later found out that they are no longer being supplied in the UK/have been discountinued as "it now uses foam related materials that do not meet British Standards."

I'd get a bed rail too :)

oh wow i didnt know that! I still loved mine tho for when she was too tiny, I had it right next to me and we often fell asleep holding hands, It did take up half the bed tho, wasnt a problem for me but if there had been a FOB around too it would have been!

oooh i didnt know that jetters! i have sold my moses basket and kept the snugglenest (since i already bought it) for when next baby is teeeeny. I'll also get a hammock next time around

if no one wants my snugglenest i might keep it in case i ever have another lol! I dont think we really gave it a chance, plus it really cant fit in a double with 2 adults as well (unless youre both perched sideways on the end! and me and oh both like to spread out!) I wish I had used it a bit more tbh, when he was very tiny i think it would have worked much better than trying to force him to sleep in his crib :(

Oh and I do have a hammock but I only use/d it for day sleeps, but he liked it waaay more than the moses basket.

Hunter will only sleep on me in the day and i never knew about a hammock when i was pregnant and i never even thought a baby wouldnt sleep in a moses basket and cot! :haha: But with the next one I would love to be able to put him/her is a hammock for naps or for the first part of the night, hunter has to go to bed pretty much with me or he tends to wake up! Its a bit too expensive to buy a hammock so I just let him sleep on me but a mum of a toddler doesnt have the luxury of being able to just sit and let the baby sleep on her so a hammock will be purchased next time! :)

Another :thumbup: for hammocks here :D My LO absolutely adored hers, she slept *so* well. I was worried she wouldn't transition to a cot bed, but she did it just fine.

ooo i was looking at snugglenests, but they would take my precious bed space!! can someone post a link to a hammock, ive heard of them but not seen them - how long can you use them for? x

Ellie how much are you after for it? We have a super king bed so space isnt an issue!

What are the hammock thingies?!

xxx

we have the hammock it cost us ust under 200 pounds he used it once and hated it as he liked to moive his arms were going to sell ours when i et round to listin it on ebay x

Hmmmm thinking about it, little miss stretch may not like that so much x

Soph, me too! I put K in it and he screamed the world down every time. He haaaaaated it but then he hates feeling squished anyway, he hates being swaddled etc. And I didn't like that I couldn't see him during the night unless I got out of bed and stood up and looked in... no good for paranoid me! I sold it after 3 days and bought an Arms Reach co-sleeping cot instead!

They are good though if they work for your baby.

Ellie how much are you after for it? We have a super king bed so space isnt an issue!

What are the hammock thingies?!

xxx

hi hon it is on ebay for £4.99 as I just wanted someone to have use of it! https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290467259922&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
but that was collection - could look into postage - whereabouts are you? Let me know anyway :hugs:

and im envious ... would loooove a king size bed!

https://www.amby.co.uk/

Our LO started sleeping in that when she was 1 day old :cloud9: Initially we had a newborn snuggler to keep her central, but dispensed with it fairly quickly.

She hated being swaddled too, but absolutely loved her Amby. I guess her being an itty bitty baby helped in that she didn't feel closed it :haha:

We had a monitor with a sensor mat on it too, which worked fine, and took care of my paranoia :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->