So about this "clear out" I hear so much about...

craftymama

Mama of 3!
Reaction score
TMI as usual with the start of labor.... This is my 3rd pregnancy, but I've not experienced this clear out that I hear people talk about so much. I am wondering if I am experiencing it now? I had very soft stools 3 times yesterday from afternoon on. They weren't loose at all, just very soft and easily passed. Today I've already been to the bathroom 3 times, first stool was again very soft, then after that it's been large amounts of looser stools. I'm very crampy, gassy feeling, feel as though I ate something bad or ate something gas inducing, however I didn't. I have been generally moody today(especially today...) and yesterday, just feel off. Snippy towards everyone that talks to me really. Could this be this clear out thing or am I just being a crabby pregger with a stomach bug?

Could well be ! With my second I had stomach bug type symptoms 48 hrs before labour, it only happened twice but it was really bad! Dh went to the chemist who advised boiled rice and plain crisps thinking it was vial, I went into labour starving lol. X

It sounds like what I've had a couple of times so far. Still waiting on labour to start though. Made me feel pretty rough like a stomach bug but no one else got it. Then had it again about a week later (a couple of days ago) so guessing its not a virus but part of the final few weeks of pregnancy.

It could be, that's how I was before labor with my 2nd!! :)

I'm not sure about that. I have been having "clear outs" for about 3 weeks now! I use the toilet (for #2) multiple times a day, and sometimes feeling ill when it happens. I always get excited hoping it may mean something lol

Lol everything about labor is such a guessing game!

I know! You'd think with us already having done this before we would know... but nope! LOL! My OB must think I'm a moron because I keep asking FTM-type questions and he will say, "Well it is like before..." Hahaha

Lol! I feel like I'm in new territory as I've always had preterm labor and never really had to wait much for it to start. Now I'm symptom spotting like a FTM!

Every pregnancy is different too, so I think that makes it harder to know what to expect! Honestly even though my last pregnancy was only 2 years ago, I remember so little about the end, plus I was induced, so I really don't know what to expect as far as going on my own. I ask a lot of FTM questions too I think!

I'm at 38+2, and almost every time I go to the bathroom I have bowel movements... it started happening maybe 4-5 days ago, but I am also contracting everyday without pain (yesterday I went all day) every 10 minutes or so. Best friend told me that my body was clearing out for labor, I laughed so hard I choked... but I guess it's an accurate assumption, lol. I wonder about everything though, as it's my first pregnancy, I'm totally clueless about what things mean so I tend to watch more for bad things. Just waiting for my little girl to arrive.

I'm still experiencing the bowel movements 3 or more times a day, this is day 4 for me. Really hope something happens soon!

I had about 3 today as well. I hope this means something for you! I think my stomach just doesn't like being squished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->