So after my last question...

bumphope

Reaction score
.... Lg has decided she can't be bothered with the slow speed of the boobs. There's obviously not enough milk in there to eat quickly enough for her. We use a medela calma teet, so I'm guessing it's just the flow is quicker out of that....

She goes on, sucks once or twice, turns to look around, we repeat a few times then she starts to cry when I try to put her back on.... Then we give up and she guzzles a whole bottle. Bit upsetting really.

I'm guessing it's partly no milk / speed of let down isn't as good as the calma teet which is meant to be as close to bf as you can get with a bottle, and partly that she's become really nosy lately and can look around while eating from her bottle.

Anything I can do?

X

Its pretty normal for LO to suddenly become aware of their surroundings and be nosy. I recommend you try feeding in the same quiet place as often as possible so its pretty boring for her.

If you are worried about your let down speed you can try putting a hot compress on your breast just before feeding which encourages let down.

The calma is only for BM, do you use formula in it? - I used formula in our calma much to the disgust of the midwives in the ward:blush:

Let down is because of my zero milk supply I think.... But I will truth the boring place trick, thank you.

Did not know that about calma! What's the problem with putting formula through it? We've been doing it for months!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"